The Hurdle rates are used to dynamically manage multiple rates. By editing one rate (Hurdle rate), you can stop rates for certain days or increase the minimum prices of multiple related rates.
The creation of a hurdle rate is similar to any other rate in Clock PMS+. Only Base rates can be used as hurdle rates.
Create the base rate(s) and set the price. For easier management, we recommend you to avoid publishing hurdle rates in the BookDirect, channel managers, etc., as hurdle rates are used to control the behaviour of your rates in the already mentioned booking engine, channel managers, etc. You can create as many hurdle rates as you need.
Tip: We recommend creating the Hurdle rates in a separate Rate plan, e.g. 'Hurdle rates' and using these rates only for the control functions they provide. Do not publish them anywhere.
Use of hurdle rates
Select the 'Hurdle' tab on the Create/Edit screen of a rate that will be sold (published on website; mapped to channel manager, etc.):
- Choose the desired hurdle rate in the "Hurdle rate" field (1).
- Choose the "Hurdle Rate Mode" (2):
- STOP. The rate will automatically be stopped, if the price of this rate for the day is LOWER than the price in the Hurdle rate for the day.
- Minimum price. The rate will automatically be updated to match the price of the Hurdle rate, if the price of the rate for the day is LOWER than the price in the Hurdle rate for the day.
- If the price for Aug 1st is EUR 100 in the rate and EUR 80 in the Hurdle rate, the price in the rate will be EUR 100.
- If the price for Aug 1st is EUR 75 in the rate and EUR 80 in the Hurdle rate, the price in the rate will become EUR 80.