This setting requires users to have right 'Settings' granted!
'Room type' is any type of rentable unit. Depending on your property, this can be: Apartment type, Villa type, Bungalow type, Bed type, Camping plot type, etc.
The room types are used to group rentable units with similar characteristics for easy price management and availability reports.
If you want certain units in your property to be booked and priced equally, create a room type for them.
Be careful: creating too many room types will give you more detailed availability data, but it can also leave your availability reports too fragmented and make pricing management more complicated.
To add/edit a Room Type
- From the navigation bar select 'Other' - 'Settings' - 'Room Type'
- Add a new or edit an existing room type.
- Fill the name of the room type. Save.
Deleting a room type is not allowed if you have bookings, rooms and rates for it. In such case you need to change the room type in those bookings, rooms and rates first.
You can mark a room type as active up to a certain date, so that this room type is no longer in use after this date. To do so:
- Open the edit screen of this room type
- Click the drop icon just after the Upsell index field
- Enter the last date on which the room type is to be active
Thus this date will also automatically be applied to each room of the room type. The availability of a room type is based on the rooms from this room type.