Create and Edit charges
- In the main menu select Settings-> All Settings-> Charge templates
- Press the purple '+' to create a new Charge templates or the blue pencil icon to edit an existing one.
- Text (1) - This is the text of the charge, i.e. how charges will appear in your reports. Required field.
- Revenue group (2) - Select the revenue group to which revenue from this template will be allocated. Required field.
- Revenue category (3) - Optional, though recommended for detailed reporting.
Important: Read more about Revenue Groups and Categories HERE.
- Template group (4) - It can be used to group charge templates for your convenience on the Posting screen. For example, group all charge templates for SPA services in one group. Enter the text of a new group and press 'Enter' on your keyboard or select an existing one from the list. You can leave this one blank when creating a Charge Template for your Rates (see below).
- Price (5) - enter a price for this item/service, 0 is allowed.
Important: Leave the Price field blank in the Charge templates that will be used for Rates or if the item/service has a Floating price (see below).
- Currency (6) - select the currency of this charge template.
- Quantity (7) - Enter quantity. As a rule of thumb, always enter 1 to ensure that Quantity is calculated in your reports.
- Tax (8) - Enter the tax percentage applicable for this item/service. Required field.
- Tax Code (9) - If the Tax (GST, VAT etc.) requires separate reporting, you can use the Tax Code field. This will add an additional column to your tax report as well as to the tax table of the Folios.
- Print Text (10) - This text will be shown on guest folios. If empty, the value from the "Text" field will be used.
- Capacity counters (11) - select a Capacity Counter if this item/service has limited availability (e.g. Parking) or you want to control Sales of certain rates/packages through this Charge Template. Read more about Capacity Counters HERE.
- Inventory codes (12) - In case you have an export to an Inventory and Storage tracking system, enter the code of this item set in that system to allow matching.
- Housekeeping Template (13) - It allows you to attach Housekeeping schemes to specific charge templates. For instance, a "Box of Chocolates" charge template would require someone to bring them to the room. You can automate this via the Housekeeping module.
- Custom Charge Field/s (14) - you can create various additional fields for the Charge Template to use as you need. A common use case is to create a field for General Ledger accounting codes to be used for export to an accounting system. You can find more information about Custom Charge Fields HERE.
- Hide on the posting screen (15) - Use this option to hide the charge template from the posting screen. This is necessary for all the Rate-related charge templates.
- Archive / Not in use (16) - The checkbox allows you to archive the Charge Template. If selected, the charge template will no longer be offered in the folios or in the settings of the rates/rates packages.
- Floating price (17) - This checkbox prompts users to input a price every time this charge template is selected (even if the charge template has a price set). Use this checkbox for Charge templates with varying prices, e.g. Damage fee.
You can upload one or more images for a charge template. The uploaded image(s) be shown in the BookDirect (WRS) and MyBooking Portal (SSP), provided the extra services are added to be offered as extra services.
To attach an image, navigate to Settings->All Settings->Charge Template. Click the green image on the top right corner which will open the image button for each Charge Template. Click the button for the respective template and upload your image. The max image size is 6MB.