The steps below will help you set up the Adyen Payment processing features. Please note that you need first to have the Payment autopilot add-on enabled for your Clock PMS+ subscription and a LIVE Adyen Account. Being a payment processing institution, Adyen has security procedures for your account to pass before becoming live.
Important: This article should be considered mostly as information. Settings for the Adyen interface are very extensive and thus we strongly recommend to perform the configuration together with our Customer Service team. Any missed setting or wrong input in the configuration may lead to the interface not working as intended.
Company vs. Merchant accounts in Adyen
When working with Adyen, you will come across two elements that you need to differentiate:
- your Adyen 'Company' account
- your Adyen 'Merchant' account/s
Company account: that is the 'umbrella' and can contain several merchant accounts.
Merchant account: in the majority of cases, you will have at least 2 merchant accounts in Adyen: one that will process Online transactions - Ecommerce and MIT - and another one that will process POS transactions (transactions made on the physical card terminal supplied by Adyen).
Note: If you are a multi-property business, you will have more merchant accounts - e.g. if you operate 2 hotels, you will have 4 merchant accounts (1 Ecommerce and 1 POS merchant account per property).
It is important to differentiate those and know how to select a Company level or Merchant level as some of the configurations below are specific for the type of account.
Navigating between Company/Merchant accounts is done through the button on the top left corner of your Adyen account. Simply click on either the Company account or one of the Merchant accounts.
Important: When using Adyen terminals as well, you will have at least 2 merchant accounts - Ecommerce and POS. Please check and verify with your Adyen account manager or their support team that the following settings are enabled:
- Store tokens on company account
To start with the configurations, log in to your Clock PMS+ account. Select Settings -> All Settings -> Adyen v2 where you will be presented with the following screen:
- API Key (1) - create API credentials in Adyen and enter the API key. Find out how to create API credentials HERE.
- Merchant account code (2) - enter your Adyen ecommerce merchant account name.
- Currency (3) - Select the currency you operate with and in which amounts will be sent to Adyen.
- Quick capture auth age (4) - capturing of blocked amounts of some pre-authorizations took very long and thus blocked your work. With this setting, you can indicate a period within which we can apply different behavior.
- Any amounts pre-authorized up to 7 days in the past will be processed without waiting for a response (which may take an indefinite amount of time - minutes, hours, etc.).
- For pre-authorized amounts older than 7 days, the current behavior, namely waiting for confirmation, is maintained.
In case you do not want to use the speculative mode of operation for both Capture pre-authorizations and direct payments, enter 0 for the value of the Quick capture auth age field. You will then need to wait for a response from the partner to complete all Capture operations.
- Dropin enabled (5) - check THIS article for more details.
- Dropin client key (6) - check THIS article for more details.
- Live URL Prefix (7) - obtain the Prefix by logging in to your Adyen account and from the navigation bar on the left select Developers -> API URLs. Copy the Prefix and add it to this field.
- Live API endpoint location (8) - select based on your location.
- Live (9) - select once all configurations for the interface are completed.
Important: Once you have completed the above configurations, two new fields will pop-up - Notification endpoint username; Notification endpoint password.
- Notification endpoint username; Notification endpoint password; Notification endpoint URL
1. Log in to your Adyen account. Make sure you are on a 'Merchant account' level.
2. Select 'Developers' from the left navigation sidebar. Click 'Webhooks' and on the next page, click '+Webhook' and add 'Standard Notification'.
3. On the next page select 'Server configuration'.
4. Copy the Notification endpoint URL (3) from Clock PMS+ and paste it into the ‘URL' field
5. Change Method to JSON.
6. Change ‘Encryption protocol' to 'TLS v1.2'
8. Click 'Apply'
9. Click on ' Basic authentication' section, enter the Notification endpoint username and password (1,2) and click Apply.
10. Click on 'Save changes'.
Important: The following settings are essential for the correct operation of the interface. Please make sure you complete them as described.
1. Make sure you have selected your Ecommerce (COM) Adyen merchant account (Fig.1)
2. From the navigation bar on the left select Settings -> Account Settings. In the field 'Capture Delay' select 'Manual'.
In Clock PMS+
Once the above is completed, navigate to Clock PMS+ menu Settings->All Settings->Credit Card and select the following:
- In the section Payment Service Provider, select Adyen from the dropdown menu (1).
- Select if you will require guests to enter CSV code when entering card details (2).
- Select if you require guests to enter their Address when entering card details (2).
- Check the selections in section 'Accepted Credit Cards' and update them if needed (3).
Finally, you need to set your Guarantee options with the correct payment service.
- Go to menu Settings->All Settings->Guarantee option
- edit your guarantee options and select 'Credit Card tokenization/payment' as a payment service.
In order for guests to complete their booking on your website, they will need to provide credit card details and depending on the guarantee option settings, complete payment through Adyen to finalize their booking.
Guests will be able to guarantee their booking or simply pay their bill through the MyBooking Portal.
Tasks set in the Autopilot will be handled through Adyen.
Important: Successful transactions will automatically be posted to the folios.