The integration between Clock PMS+ and Lightspeed K-series enables you for smarter and quicker operations. It will complete a full circle of automated and connected operations by allowing you to transfer to guest or company folios, and have control of the information that is transferred.
Warning: Due to technical limitations in the data transfer, currently the interface with Lightspeed K-series must NOT be used by businesses with Tax mode: 'Tax not included in prices'.
The interface supports the following features:
1. Charge transfer to the PMS+:
- You can transfer charges to a hotel guest folio:
- You can transfer charges to company folios.
- You can transfer charger to event folios
- Thanks to the unique interface implementation, you can use the same search box in LightSpeed to find guests (by name or room number), companies accepting charge transfers, and checked-in events which makes transfers really easy.
2. Daily revenue transfer (optional).
- This feature allows you to generate consolidated revenue reports for both your hotel and F&B departments.
- All charges which were not transferred to a room folio (e.g. were paid cash/card at the outlet) can be transferred to a specially configured Clock POS account within your Clock PMS+ subscription.
Please reach out to us to create such a POS account for you before you can activate the Daily Revenue transfer.
You need to specify the daily revenue transfer start date so that our support specialists can configure it.
- Additionally, you can enable the transfer of payments, so that they can be also included in Clock PMS+ reports. You can include or exclude the revenue and payments generated by Lightspeed, which are not yet transferred to the hotel by simply including the mentioned POS account in your reports together with your Clock PMS + account(s).
In Lightspeed K-series
You need to configure a special payment type in Lightspeed or edit an existing one (if you've connected Lightspeed with your previous PMS) with the following information:
1. Navigate to menu Configuration->Settings->Payment Methods.
2. Create a new payment type or edit an existing one with the following:
- Payment method type: select 'Charge to room' (NOT Property Management System)
- PMS Server: select 'Other'
In Clock PMS+
1. Navigate to menu Settings->All Settings->Lightspeed (K-series)
2. Connect to your Lightspeed 'Business', by following the instructions and entering your Lightspeed user credentials.
3. When connected and authorized, add your 'Business location/s' (1).
Important: You can add multiple locations. In the list with locations, you will see the ones to which the user with which you authorized the connection has access to.
4. After the business location/s are added, use the pencil icon to edit the configuration (2).
5. ToDo channel (4) - select a ToDo channel to which any automatic messages about the connection will be assigned to.
6. Transfer to company/event (5) - enable if you will allow transfers to companies and/or events.
7. Once done, click on 'Charge config map' (6) to complete the item mappings
Charge config map
The Lightspeed K-series 'Accounting group' is used for mapping. Map the Lightspeed accounting groups to their respective Clock PMS+ Revenue group and category.
- Default charge map - required field. The selections will be used in case items from not mapped accounting groups are transferred.
- Tip - required field. Select a Revenue group and category for transferred Tips.
- Copy settings from another configuration - in case you operate several business locations and connect all of them to Clock PMS+, you are able to copy mapping settings from each other to save time.
End of day transfer and Payment type mapping
If you wish to make use of the End of day transfer feature and have consolidated reporting in Clock PMS+ for all hotel and outlet revenue, click on the 'End of day transfer' button at which point you will see the following settings:
- End of day transfer (1) - enable if you wish to use the feature
- POS account (2) - select the specially created Clock POS account. Contact our Customer service team if you do not see any options here
- Transfer tips (3) - It will transfer the tips to the hotel folios;
- Payment transfer (4) - Use this option, If payments should be transferred at the end of the day.
- Company (5) - select a company profile to specify the Billing info of the folio to which the full Daily revenue will be transferred.
If you will also receive payment information from Ligthspeed, you will need to complete the Payment type mapping as well. Simply click on 'Payments type map' and complete the mapping.
Important: Due to specifics of the systems and interface, it is very important to map the Lightspeed 'ACCOUNTS_RECEIVABLE' payment type. We recommend that it is mapped to a Clock payment type that is not used.
Specifics of the connection
- Tips are transferred with 0 tax.
- If discounts are applied in Lightspeed, the discounted price of the item/s will be transferred.
- Quantities of items might differ initially differ In case of mixed payments for the bill in Lightspeed - e.g. 1x3 EUR coffee has 1 EUR paid cash and 2 EUR transferred to the room. In this situation, 0.67x 3 EUR will be transferred to the room bill, while 0.33x 3 EUR will be transferred at the end of day transfer. This is to ensure quantities and values are indicated correctly.
- In case you re-open or void a transferred bill (in Lightspeed), it is transferred again to Clock PMS+ with opposite values.
- In case the payment type at K series is configured with Payment method type: Property Management System K series will simulate transfer to the room without actually doing it which may lead to revenue losses! Be careful!