The "Cancellation Policy" feature allows you to automate the process of calculation and charging the cancellation fees.
You can create one or several Cancellation Policies, each with its own rules and cancellation fees. Go to menu "Other" - "Settings" - "Cancellation Policy". Click on the "New" button and:
- Name - enter a name for the policy.
- Charge template - if you wish to use automatic cancellation fee calculation/post, you can select the charge template that will be used for the cancellation fee.
- Cancel existing charges- if you choose this option, the existing booking charges (nights, packages, extra services) will automatically be voided.
- The charges will be voided, even if they have been transferred to another folio.
- If the folio containing the charges is already closed, it will be impossible for these charges to be voided. In this situation, the system will create a To-Do regarding the issue.
- Close folios- if this option is selected, the booking folio will be closed upon cancellation. Empty folios (folios without any charges or payments) will be voided as they can't be closed.
- Document types - this setting is only valid if the Close folios option is enabled. Here you can choose which document type to be used on the automatic folio closure. If nothing is selected, the folio will be closed without a document issued.
Note: Folios will not be closed if they contain charges transferred from other bookings, for example. If such an issue occurs, the system will leave the folios open and will create a To-Do regarding this situation.
Calculation of an automated cancellation fee.
As this feature overlaps with the previously used "Auto-void booking charges on booking cancellation" functionality, the setting has been migrated based on the following rules (if the functionality was set to Yes):