OOS type statuses are used for temporarily making a room not sellable. This could be due to a maintenance issue, the use of the room for internal purposes, renovation, and others.
You can create different types of room statuses. The rooms having such a status will not be available for booking, but they will be included in the capacity.
Creation OOS type
To add an OOS type, from the Navigation bar select Settings–>All Settings->OOS type and click the 'Add' button.
Enter a name and choose Room Calendar colour for each of them.
OOS type use
Once set, they can be selected as predefined types or edited from the Room Calendar drop-down menu for each room or using the OOS buttons on the Room settings screen. You can also enter a description for each status.
Enter the start and end date of the period in which the room will temporarily not be sellable. For a greater clarity, you can also fill in an additional description of each status.
On the Room Calendar screen you will see these rooms designated in the respective colour. All OOS status rooms will be stopped for sale for the respective period.
- The main difference between the rooms marked as OOS type and the deactivated ones is that the former participate in the hotel capacity. An exception to the rule is the 'Occupancy and Charges' report where they are included;
- On the 'Occupancy Forecast' screen the OOS type rooms are accounted for, as follows:
- For each room type:
- on the 'Room statuses' row, you will see the number of rooms that are deducted from the available ones for sale due to the fact that they have one of the OOS statuses set in your system;
- on the 'FREE' row, you will see the remaining rooms available for sale upon the deduction of the ones having an OOS status;
- For the property (hotel): the 'Total OCCUPIED' and 'Total OCCUPIED %' rows also include the rooms having an OOS status.
- For each room type:
- In the 'Occupancy and Charges D-M-Y' report, the OOS status rooms are NOT included in the 'Occupied %' indicator.
Editing OOS status of a room
The history of all OOS statuses of a room can be tracked through the OOS button on the room settings screen. Here you can edit or delete the OOS status, as well as get detailed info of the status changes. Using the contextual menu of the Room Calendar screen you also have quick access to OOS statuses.