The integration between Clock PMS+ and Salto enables you to streamline your operations and save time for your employees due to the convenient function to issue and encode key-cards directly through Clock PMS+. The flexibility of the integration allows you to control not only access to the room, but also access to common doors (e.g. main entrance; floor main door) or special zones (e.g. SPA or parking garage). Furthermore, you are able to control the times on the arrival and departure dates from/until keys will be active respectively. Finally, you are also able to issue mobile keys through Clock PMS+ as well.
Important: A Clock IoT device is required for this integration and it must be connected to the same local (internet) network as the Salto server.
The communication protocol used for this integration is Industry Standard protocol v.1.16.
1. Access Clock PMS+ and navigate to section Settings->All Settings->Room Key settings->click on 'Salto / Onity'.
2. Once the pop-up window is brought up, enter the respective information:
- Active (1) - select once all configurations are completed.
- API user (2) - select the Clock IoT device.
- Server host (3) - enter the IP address of the Salto server.
- Server port (4) - enter the port that is set for Industry Standard protocol v.1.16. You can set it in Salto ProAccess menu System->General Options->PMS.
- Version (5) - select Industry Standard v 1.16 + Mobile key support.
Once you've added the integration details, save and enter the encoder/s details by clicking 'Add' under 'Room key Encoder' section.
You will be presented with two fields to complete:
- Name (1) - enter the name of the encoder. You will see this name within Clock PMS+. It can be very useful if you operate with many encoders as the name will assist you to distinguish between them and select the correct one when you encode a card.
- Identifier (2) - this is the ID of the encoder within Salto. The encoder needs to be firstly added within their system and then add its ID here. We recommend that the ID you set in Salto for the encoder is a 2 digit number (e.g. 05). Please note that 01 cannot be used.
Key card validity
In the 'Room key settings' section, you can also add default 'From' and 'To' times for the key validity, respectively for the Arrival and Departure days. (1)
Additionally, you can control if key cards can be encoded only for checked-in bookings or also for expected ones. (3)
Edit the Mobile Key support (2) section if you will utilize mobile keys and select type of mobile keys (phone; email; both)
If you have 'common doors' which the guest can get or must have access to, you can enter their Salto codes in the Common door codes section (4) so you can easily select them in the Room settings (see below).
For the interface to code cards for the correct doors, you need to complete the mapping for each of them.
Navigate to menu Settings->All Settings->Rooms->edit each room. Enter the code that you have set in Salto for this room in field 'Room door code(s)' (5).
Common doors/Special areas
The interface also supports access control to common doors or special areas such as Main entrance door, parking entrance, SPA, etc.
Firstly, you need to define them in Salto and afterwards enter their code in field 'Common door codes'. If you've completed the help list for common doors (4), you will be able to select the codes here, instead of typing them.
Example: If in Salto you have defined 1 for Main entrance; 2 for parking entrance and 3 for SPA entrance, and you give constant access to the Main entrance and Parking, you need to enter "1, 2" in the field. This way, all guests staying in the room will have access to the following doors - Room, Main, Parking - at the very least. If the guest would like to use SPA, you can additionally add access to it through the booking.