The User Groups in Clock PMS+ are used for:
- Easier user management (management of the rights of a large group of users)
- They let you edit the rights of more than one user at the same time, instead of having to do this user by user
Adding User Groups
To add a User Group, go to menu Settings->All Settings->User Groups, click the Add button and fill in the respective fields:
- Name: The name of the User Group can summarise the group of users, included in it, e.g. “Reception”, “Housekeeping”, “Marketing”, and so on. The name of the User Group can be updated at any time.
- Select the rights of the User Group. Please note that the User Group affects just the rights, not the access to the accounts. The granted rights can be updated at any time.
Applying a user group
Go to Settings->All Settings->Users. From the user editing screen select the group to which the user should belong.
The user then has the rights granted to the User Group. This is indicated through a special icon:
Note: Even though the 'tick box' is not selected, the user has the right through the 'User group'
- Changes to the User Group automatically affect all users belonging to it. Granting the User Group rights or revoking them will change the rights of all users of this group.
- Additionally, you can grant individual rights to each user, even if the user is part of a user group. The individually granted user rights are not affected by the changes to the User Group rights.
Important: User rights granted to a user directly override those granted to the group the same belongs to. For example, if the user “John” has been given the “Settings:Update” right, he will have the right even in case the User Group he belongs to does not have the right granted.
- Deleting User Groups - once created, a User Group cannot be deleted, so that full change log can be kept. Instead, you can remove it from all users that have the respective group selected.