Use this section to create new rates or edit existing ones. It’s not necessary to add rates one by one, we have created a functionality allowing you to enter several rates at once. This way you can easily add all the rates from one rate plan in a single step. If a given rate attribute (e.g. the charge template) is the same for all new rates, it is not necessary to complete it for each individual rate. Through the flash icon, the system can fill it in for you for all new rates
To create new rates, select the '+' button in the upper right corner of the Rates section. For your convenience, we have positioned the different fields in separate tabs. Some of them are only visible, if necessary.
'Rate plan' tab
You can select among the existing plans or create a new one in which to add rates. Rate plans can be considered as a 'folder' that contains certain types of rates. They are used to clearly separate rates for different purposes, ultimately allowing easier management. For example, your division of rates can be done in the following rate plans: BAR; OTA; CORP; PROMO/Social; PROMO/Mail; PACK, etc.
- For the new rate plan here you can specify days to be accounted for as weekend ones which allows you to quickly apply different pricing for those days if you generally work with season prices.
- Select the currency for the rates.
You will see all the room types. You can start creating the rates for them:
- Rate Name - Fill in a rate name for the rows where you wish to create new rates. To enter more rates for a room type, use the "+" button next to the room name to add more rows. Don't worry if there are any rows without names - they will be removed. The same applies if you wish to remove any of the added rates, simply delete the name.
- Type - Select the type of rate. You can choose between: Base rate; Derived Amount/Percent rate; Occupancy adaptable rate.
- Derived from - If you create derived rates, you can select their base rate, if it’s even among the new rates to be created. Such rates have “(new)” after their name.
- Guarantee policy - Here for the first time, you can also see the concept of completing the same values. For example, if the guarantee option of all rates will be the same, select the guarantee option of such a rate and then click the little flash button at the beginning of the field. As a result, this guarantee policy will be filled in for all rates.
- Price / Percent - For each rate, you can also fill in the price for the first season. If you enter a price, the first season will be created automatically with a start date of 01 January of the current year. Otherwise, you can add the seasons later through the "Seasons" section.
- Weekend - enter the price for the weekend days of the season. Use this in case you generally apply seasonal prices, but, the weekend days within the season are at a different price than the rest of the weekdays.
- Per Guest - select if this rate should be considered 'Per guest'
Important: For derived rates, if creating the first season, enter the price difference (amount or %) between the derived rate and its base.
'Occupancy Adaptable' tab
An optional one and it appears only if, among the new rates, there are "Occupancy Adaptable" rates. In this tab, the levels of these rates are defined.
- Charge Template - select the (system) charge template that will be connected to this rate. This will control the accommodation charges that are posted through this rate - will apply the Revenue Group and Category selected in the charge template; will use the Tax % set in the charge template; will use the 'Print text' of the charge template and more.
- Package - select a rate package to connect to this rate. By doing this, the system will break out the revenue from the extras included in the package (breakfast, dinner, spa, and others) from the accommodation revenue. Please note that if your package includes meals (e.g. breakfast, dinner), you must also select the meals in the 'Meals' dropdown.
- City Tax - select the City tax mode (if city tax is applicable).
- Meals - select if there are meals included when booking this rate. Please note that this is independent of the Rate packages. If the rate is a 'package' rate that includes e.g. Breakfast and Dinner, you need to select both the 'Rate package' (which is used to separate Accommodation from F&B revenue) and 'Meal' so that the 'Meal Report' (for the restaurant) reflects the bookings (respectively # of people) that have the respective meals.
Enter the restrictions for each rate. The autocomplete feature is also available here. To see all restrictions, use the 'Show/Hide All Restrictions' button.
'Guest Offsets' tab
You can add guest offsets. Here the autocomplete option refers to the whole row instead of each field.
'Guest Levels' tab
Is an optional one and it is visible only if there are rates marked as "per Guest".
- You can add and delete levels. Also, we have added the possibility of moving levels up and down through the button next to each level. This way you can correct the order of calculation without being necessary to re-enter the levels.
- We have also added Copy/Paste functionality to the levels through the buttons at the bottom. This feature works even when navigating between other screens. You can copy the levels from a season and add them to the rate and vice versa. This will save you a lot of time when entering the same levels in different rates by simply copying the calculation row from another ready-to-use rate.
'Marketing & Tags' tab
- you can attach a Marketing Source/Channel/Segment to a rate. When a booking is created on the rate, the Marketing values will be picked up and applied to the booking (bearing in mind the priority).
- Furthermore, you can create and attach 'tags' to rates grouping them together allowing for easier management.
- choose whether a rate is published in your Online reservation system. This is where the other related fields - Bonus codes, Badge and Included Discount % are filled in.
Select the rates (if any) that will be used in the Upsell algorithm for offering upgrades to your guests in the MyBooking Portal. Additionally, you can also apply upsell indexes and include them in the algorithm to control what is being offered based on what the guest has booked originally.
Select if there will be a hurdle rate controlling this particular rate and what will be the hurdle mode in case the price goes below the one set in the hurdle.
'Description for the Staff' tab
You can apply internal (staff) descriptions of the rate - e.g. what is included, is Tax included in the price and what %, is there City Tax applicable. These descriptions are easily visible and accessible to all users through the Rate and Availability screen.
From the Rates section you can also:
- Edit multiple rates. Once you have loaded the rates, you can select one or more to edit. To do this, use the pencil button in the upper right corner. The screen is similar to the rate creation screen. Again, you can use the autocomplete features to easily and quickly enter the same value of a field for all the rates.
- Create a copy of multiple rates.
To copy rates, follow these steps:
- Upon loading the rates, select the desired ones from the list;
- Click the '...' button in the upper right corner and choose “Copy selected Rates”;
- Click the '+' button to add new rates;
- On the new rate screen, fill in the data in the first tab and proceed to the “Rates” tab;
- Click the “Paste Rates” button;
- You can add more rates. Fill in the rest of the data and save. Please note that only the rate data you can see on this screen is copied. No data of seasons or days is copied. If you copy derived rates, they will be bound with the original rates. If needed, you may change the copy links.
You can access the rate change log by clicking the '...' button and selecting the 'Show Change Log Button'. To open the log, click the button to appear next to each of the rates.