Initial login to the system
Immediately upon signing the contract with Clock Software, you will receive an email containing important info of your subscription - access link, serial, username and automatically generated password that you should change.
To log in to the platform, follow these steps:
- Open the access link(1) ;
- Copy the serial(2) from the email message and paste it to the login screen;
- Fill in the username from the email message;
- Copy the automatically generated password(3) and paste it on the login screen.
At the next step, you will be prompted to read and accept the terms and conditions for use of the Clock Software products. If you follow the Terms and conditions link, a web page with the full text of the terms will open in a new tab. To consent to them, click the Accept button.
The first thing you will need to do upon the initial loading of the system is to change the automatically generated password. Following the best practices, please enter a new password having a high-security level (combinations of small/capital letters, digits and various symbols).
Upon the change, you will again be redirected to the login screen. To log in to the system, enter the new secure password. After the successful login, you will see the initial screen with all accounts in your subscription. To proceed, select the account of your hotel.
Another key step related to the security is the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) of users. It provides an additional protection of your user account. In Clock PMS+, it is an authentication method through an additional one-off password. Each time you log in to the system, it is necessary to enter your username, password and this additional one-off password. The password is generated on your smartphone by the Google Authenticator app.
To activate MFA:
- From the navigation menu, go to Settings-> My User;
- Select MFA;
- Install the 'Google Authenticator' App on your smartphone and open the app.;
- Add a new account to 'Google Authenticator' by selecting the '+' icon;
- Select 'Scan a QR code' and point your camera at the QR code;
- Upon scanning the code, you will have the account added to the 'Google Authenticator' app on your smartphone;
- Enter the 6-digit code from the app into Clock PMS+ and confirm through the "Activate MFA" (3) button.
Important: Time synchronization is crucial for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) apps like Google Authenticator because these apps generate time-based one-time passwords (TOTPs). These passwords are only valid for a short period, typically 30/60 seconds. If the time on the user's device is not in sync with the server's time, the generated TOTP might be incorrect, leading to authentication failures and potential access issues
Upon changing the access password and activating the multi-factor authentication, your account is completely protected..