Revenue groups and categories are used in Clock PMS+ to give you more detailed reports and a clearer picture of the sources of your revenue for the purposes of their better optimisation.
The Revenue groups are fixed (Rooms, Packages, F&B, Extra, City Tax, Other, Discount, Pre-invoiced Deposit and Cancellation Fee).
- The 'Rooms' and 'Packages' revenue group are used for registering room charges and for calculation of some KPI as ADR, RevPar, etc.
- The 'City Tax' revenue group is used for charges like City Tax, Resort Tax, etc.
- The 'Pre-invoiced Deposit' revenue group is used for charges in deposit folios/invoices (a deposit invoice is a special type of folio/invoice).
- The 'F&B', 'Extra' and 'Other' revenue groups can be used for classifying all other services.
- The 'Discount' revenue group is used for the automatically generated charges when the discount option is used in the folios.
- The 'Cancellation Fee' revenue group is used for the automatically generated charges if you use an automated cancellation fee (when a booking is cancelled).
Adding categories to each group can make your reports more detailed.
To add a category:
- Open 'Settings' from menu 'Other...' in navigation.
- Select 'Revenue Categories'.
- Click on the 'New' button.
- Enter the name of the category and the related revenue group.
The revenue groups and categories are selected for each charge.
- Open 'Charge template' by going to 'Other' - 'Settings'.
- Click on the 'New' button or edit an already existing charge.
- Select a revenue group.
- Select a revenue category (the list will be generated based on the categories created for the corresponding revenue group).
If there are charges with selected categories, they will be included accordingly in various reports:
- Select 'Reports' from the 'Other' menu in the navigation
- Click on the desired report
- Some of the reports have options to filter the result either by revenue group, revenue category or both (e.g. the 'Charge Summary Report' and 'Charge Segmentation Report')
- Some of the reports show the revenue groups and categories by default (e.g. the 'Closed Folios Summary Report')