The Discount and Surcharge system templates are used for the application of the eponymous features in folios. To take advantage of the Surcharge feature, you need a configured system template. The Discount functionality can be applied without a preset template, but the presence of such one will automate the process and reduce the possibility of errors.
To configure the Discount template, from the navigation menu, select Settings->All Settings-> Charges & Taxes->Discount template.
You can customise the Discount template through the following settings:
- Text - the default text to be used for the charge reflecting the discount in the folio. In the application of the Discount feature, the set text can be changed depending on the specific needs.
- Revenue Category - you can choose from any revenue category created for the "Discount" revenue group. This setting will affect the way the info of the made discounts is summarised in the revenue reports.
You can set a surcharge fee to apply to all folios in Clock PMS. The surcharge is defined as a percent and is automatically calculated on the basis of the folio value. With the change of the folio value – the surcharge is also recalculated automatically.
The basis for the calculation of a surcharge is the value of the charges posted. Depending on the tax mode selected and the respective surcharge basis (the value of the charges), it may or may not include tax.
To configure the Surcharge template, from the navigation menu, select Settings->All Settings-> Charges & Taxes->Surcharge.
- Surcharge percent (1) - enter the surcharge amount;
Surcharge calculated on (2):
- Posted value - based on the posted amount of the charges
- Net value - based on the net value of the charges
- Gross value - based on the gross value of the charges
- Text (3) - The way you would like it to appear on the folio.
- Tax % (4) - Tax percent to be levied on the surcharge
- Tax code (5) (leave it empty)
- Print text (6). Optional. In this field you can enter what you would like the system to reflect as a surcharge service. If you leave the field empty, the service will appear in the invoice the way you have entered it in the ''Text'' field.)
- Hide on the posting screen (7) - Select this option only if you don't like this service to be visible on the screen for posting manual charges for extra services. This way you can prevent employees from selecting the respective service by mistake.)
- Regardless of the default folio surcharge settings, you have the option to change or remove the surcharge for a specific folio. To this end, use the 'Edit' button in the 'Other' row of the main folio screen and change the value in the 'Surcharge percent' field.
- If you leave the 'Surcharge percent' field blank in the template settings, the surcharge will not be posted automatically to all folios. In this case, you determine to which folios and to what amount the surcharge to be applied.