The guarantee policies in Clock PMS+ are used to:
- Calculate required deposits in the WRS and the confirmation letters.
- Communicate terms and conditions to the client
- Define how bookings can be paid in your WRS
- Guarantee a booking in the Self Service Portal
Adding / Editing guarantee policy
Clock PMS+ supports multiple guarantee policies. Each of them can be intended for different cases.
To add/edit a guarantee policy, go to the main menu 'Other...' - 'Settings' - 'Guarantee Option'
- Select New or Edit
- Specify the name of the policy (e.g. 'Refundable guarantee policy', 'Non-refundable guarantee policy', 'Flexible guarantee policy', 'Payment needed 30 days before arrival', etc.). The name is mainly for system use. You can set a clearer text for your customers later.
- Priority (ascending). In case a rate contains more than one guarantee policy and the booking period of the guest covers two or more guarantee policies, this functionality defines which guarantee policy will be used with priority.
- Cancellation Policy. This feature allows you to automate the process of calculation and charging the cancellation fees. The selected policy will be applied in case of the booking cancellation. More details can be found in the Cancellation Policies article.
- Select which payment services to apply to this policy. The payment services are used in your WRS and Self Service Portal. They define how a booking can be finalized: by online payment, by providing credit card details or through an off-line bank payment:
- Credit Card: The guest credit card will be collected and stored securely in the booking.
- Worldpay Redirect: The guest will be redirected to a page hosted by WorldPay.
- Authorize.Net: The guest will be redirected to a page hosted by Authorize.net.
- Adyen - Hosted Payment Page (HPP): The guest will be redirected to a page hosted by Adyen.
- Custom Payment API: The option is intended to be used when a custom payment provider is connected to Clock PMS+. The guest will redirected to a page hosted by this payment provider.
- Adyen - Tokenize Only: The guest credit card details will be collected, checked through a zero amount transaction and stored in the booking as a token.
- Adyen - Authorize and Capture: The guest credit card will be collected, charged and will not be stored in the booking.
- Adyen - Authorize, Capture and Tokenize: The guest credit card will be collected, charged and stored in the booking as a token.
- Bank Guarantee: Used only for the WRS. The booking will be created without collecting any additional details from the guest. This is the only option that will create a non-guaranteed booking.
- Gift Voucher: Allows the guest to guarantee the booking using a voucher purchased from the Gift voucher web shop.
Deposit (Fixed + Relative) amounts
If the policy doesn't require a deposit to be paid, leave the deposit fields blank. If otherwise, select the deposit calculation method. A deposit can contain a fixed and/or relative amount. You can use both (fixed and relative amount) or only one of them (fixed OR relative one).
- Deposit Fixed Amount: Specify the fixed deposit amount which will be used for the policy.
- Deposit Relative Amount: A deposit relative amount can be based on a percentage of the booking amount and/or nights. If both are defined, the greater amount applies. Both options are based on the selected revenue groups - rooms, packages, extra, etc.
- Deposit percent: Percentage of the booking amount
- Number of nights: Here you can set how many nights to be counted as a deposit. The night amount is calculated based on the option "Average daily price". If selected, the required deposit will be the average night price based on the booking amount. If not selected, the required deposit will be the price of the selected nights.
- Guarantee Period section: Use the fields of 'Max days after booking creation' and 'Min days before arrival' to define the period after the creation of booking and/or the period before arrival within which the booking is to be guaranteed.
Tip: Bookings not guaranteed within the specified period are treated as expired and are included in the Bookings Awaiting Guarantee Report. Using the 'Only expired' filter, you can see all these expired bookings.
Describing terms and conditions
Each guarantee policy can include a description of the hotel terms and conditions. This description is rendered in the confirmation letter according to the selected guarantee policy in the respective booking or to the current guarantee policy in your web reservation system.
To edit the text, go to the main menu - 'Other' - 'Settings' - ' Languages and Texts'. You can add as many languages you need. For more information see the article 'Languages and Texts'.
To enter the description, for each language select 'Guarantee Policy Description/Translation'.
For each policy enter 'Display name' – the name (title) of the policy shown to your clients. 'Description': enter the terms and conditions for this policy.
If you don't need deposits and payment settings in the guarantee policy, you can still set a description of the terms and conditions. In this case, you don't need to set up any guarantee policy. Just enter the terms and conditions in: Main menu - 'Other' - 'Settings' - ' Languages and Texts' - 'Without Guarantee translations'. This text will be used in the confirmation letters of bookings (or WRS) when no guarantee policy is selected.
Guarantee policy and your Web Reservation System
The guarantee policy in your Web Reservation System is defined by two settings:
- Default guarantee policy for WEB. Set the default guarantee policy for your Web Reservation System the 'Other...' - 'Settings' - 'Web Reservation System' menu. Find 'WRS Guarantee policy' and select the policy. Save.
- Guarantee policy for a certain rate. A rate can have its own guarantee policy overriding the default guarantee policy. This way you can create rates with 100% prepayment and others without prepayment. To set a guarantee policy for a certain rate go to the 'Other...' - 'Settings' - 'Web Reservation System' menu. Find the 'Web Reservation System Rates' section and select the 'Choose Rates' link. Select a guarantee policy for each of the rates you need. Save.
Depending on the guarantee policy (default or set by rate), clients see the payment services it allows listed as options. They can select one of them to finalize the reservation in the WRS.
If no guarantee policy is set for the WRS or the rates, guests can create bookings directly, without any guarantee requirements.
Guarantee policy and off-line bookings
For bookings created in the system, you can select a Guarantee policy. This way the confirmation will look the same as the confirmation from the WRS. A deposit will be calculated and terms and conditions will be printed according to the selected policy.