Once the channel manager account is activated, log in to Clock PMS+ and go to the 'Other' - 'Settings' - 'RoomCloud channel settings' menu in order to access the connection settings.
Use the 'Re-sync maps' button to download all currently created room types, rates and connected OTAs from RoomCloud.
It is used in the following situations:
- For the initial setup (when the channel manager has just been activated in Clock PMS+)
- After adding or removing an OTA from RoomCloud
- There are new room types or rates created in RoomCloud
- Some of the existing room types or rates are removed in RoomCloud. If they are not removed from the settings in Clock PMS+, you will receive error message when we try to update them.
Important: The connection settings will be added by the support team. They include the following fields:
- Export disabled
- Hotel ID
Please do not change any of those settings in order to ensure that the connection between Clock PMS+ and RoomCloud will work without interruptions.
Remark: When adding a new channel manager account, please follow these steps:
- Complete the training with RoomCloud
- Fill in the 'Room map' and "Rate map' sections of the channel manager settings in Clock PMS+ (you can find more info below).
- Contact Room Cloud support by opening a ticket with them to activate your connection to the OTAs
- Go back to the channel manager settings in Clock PMS+
- Change Active to Yes
- Change Export disabled to No
Please note that when a new channel manager account is added, the connection to RoomCloud is not active and the export is not enabled by default.
Default marketing segments Section
Here you can select the default values for the marketing elements. More details about their setup and usage can be found in the Marketing Sources / Channels / Segments article.
Here you will find all room types that are created in RoomCloud. Please select the corresponding Clock PMS+ room type or room for each of them. The 'Max rooms' option allows you to control to how many of your available rooms of a given room type to be sent with a single update.
Example: If you have 5 rooms available, with Max Rooms set to 3, only 3 rooms will be sent. When only 2 rooms are available, and the Max Rooms option is set to 4, only 2 rooms will be sent.
Here you find all combinations of room types and rates from RoomCloud and can select their corresponding Clock PMS+ rates:
- Rate - a dropdown menu of your rates in Clock PMS+ to select from.
- Deposit auto payment– a dropdown menu with the following options to choose from:
- Save credit card – the credit card details will be stored in Clock PMS+ with no further operations.
- Tokenize. Pay the deposit, if any – the credit card will be tokenized using Adyen and if the booking's guarantee policy requires a deposit, the system will try to charge.
- Tokenize. Pre-authorize the deposit, if any – the credit card will be tokenized using Adyen and if the booking's guarantee policy requires a deposit, the system will try to put a temporary hold on the customer’s funds equal to the required deposit, but no funds are actually debited from the credit card.
- Export disabled – use this option to stop or resume the Clock PMS+ updates for the given rate.
- The "Tokenize. Pay the deposit, if any" and "Tokenize. Pre-authorize the deposit, if any" options can be used only if you have an active"Adyen Integrated Payments" connection. If not, please contact our Support Team.
- If the Deposit Auto Payment field is left empty, its value will come from the same field of the Company (OTA) sending the booking. If no company is set, the 'Save Credit Card' option will be used.
Here are some cases when you should use the Re-send button
- A new OTA has been added to RoomCloud, as it is connected to the existing RoomCloud Room types and Rates. This is needed to trigger a full update to the newly connected OTA.
- An update to an existing OTA has been made and the new products from the OTA (usually new rates) are connected to new or existing RoomCloud rates. This is needed in order to trigger an update for the newly added products
You can set up the following for each OTA:
- Company - a dropdown menu of your company profiles registered in Clock PMS+ to select from. Each booking imported from this channel will be created with the company profile selected in this field;
- Event - a dropdown menu of events created in Clock PMS+ to select from. This option is designed to be used when you have minimum contracted rooms, as events can block contracted rooms. It will list only the events associated with the selected Company profile. For more info, please contact our Support Team;
- Rate charge transfer:
- Don't transfer rate charges – the rate charges will remain in the created booking folio.
- Transfer rate charges to Company/Event - the rate charges will be transferred to an open folio in the selected Company or Event profile
- Transfer rate charges to Agent - the rate charges will be transferred to an open folio in the Agent profile. Please contact the support team for more details about the Agents setup in Clock PMS+
- Deduct Tax %- controls if the tax amount will be deducted from the price provided by the OTAs:
- If your tax mode is "No tax" or "Tax included in prices", please leave this field empty
- If your tax mode is "Tax not included in prices" and an OTA sends the bookings to Clock PMS+ with tax included in the price, please specify the tax % that needs to be deducted in order to have correct booking prices in Clock PMS+.
- Deposit auto payment – see the description in the above "Rate Map" section.
- Disable Registration Card Creation - if enabled, the import of bookings from the OTAs will stop the creation of registration cards for extra guests in bookings (in case they are sent by an OTA). A registration card will be created for the main guest in the booking only.
RoomCloud Charge Template Map
To be able to sell supplements in the OTAs, you need to specify a default charge template from Clock PMS+ which will be used for all supplements that we receive.
If you plan to import the supplements with a specific room type, please:
- Click on "Add"
- Fill up the name of the supplement (from the channel) in the "RoomCloud supplement text" field
- Select the corresponding Clock PMS+ charge template
- Save the changes