Once the channel manager account is activated, log in to Clock PMS+ and go to the 'Other' - 'Settings' - 'RoomCloud channel settings' menu in order to access the connection settings.
Use the 'Re-sync maps' button to download all currently created room types, rates and connected OTAs from RoomCloud.
It is used in the following situations:
- For the initial setup (when the channel manager has just been activated in Clock PMS+)
- After adding or removing an OTA from RoomCloud
- There are new room types or rates created in RoomCloud
- Some of the existing room types or rates are removed in RoomCloud. If they are not removed from the settings in Clock PMS+, you will receive an error message when we try to update them.
Important: The connection settings will be added by the support team. They include the following fields:
- Export disabled
- Hotel ID
Please do not change any of those settings in order to ensure that the connection between Clock PMS+ and RoomCloud will work without interruptions.
Remark: When adding a new channel manager account, please follow these steps:
- Complete the training with RoomCloud
- Fill in the 'Room map' and "Rate map' sections of the channel manager settings in Clock PMS+ (you can find more info below).
- Contact Room Cloud support by opening a ticket with them to activate your connection to the OTAs
- Go back to the channel manager settings in Clock PMS+
- Change Active to Yes
Please note that when a new channel manager account is added, the connection to RoomCloud is not active and the export is not enabled by default.
Hotel level occupancy effect
With this option activated the remaining total free rooms will be taken into account when sending updates. Here is an example with 2 rooms types:
- each room type have 10 available rooms (20 available rooms total)
- room type 1 is overbooked with 5 rooms and now you have 5 available total rooms
- room type 2 have 10 available rooms, but 5 will be sent for it because of the overbook from room type 1
Max rooms %
- Selecting No will allow you to specify a flat amount limit for the updates to the OTAs
- Yes will allow you to apply a dynamic limit (see below for more details)
Default marketing segments Section
Here you can select the default values for the marketing elements. More details about their setup and usage can be found in the Marketing Sources / Channels / Segments article.
Here you will find all room types that are created in RoomCloud. Please select the corresponding Clock PMS+ room type or room for each of them. The 'Max rooms' option allows you to control how many of your available rooms of a given room type to be sent with a single update.
- When Max rooms % is set to No
Use this option to control up to how many of your available rooms of a room type to be sent:
- room type 1 is set with a value of 3
- while you have 5 available rooms → 3 rooms will be sent
- while you have 2 available rooms → 2 rooms will be sent
- When Max room % is set to Yes
Activating this option will cause the following behavior (it is always rounded up):
- room type 1 have a capacity of 10 rooms and it is set with a value of 40
- while all 10 rooms are available → 4 rooms will be sent
- while you have 8 available rooms, 40% is 3.2 → 4 rooms will be sent
- while you have 3 available rooms, 40% is 1.2 → 2 rooms will be sent
Here you find all combinations of room types and rates from RoomCloud and can select their corresponding Clock PMS+ rates:
- Rate - a dropdown menu of your rates in Clock PMS+ to select from.
- Export disabled – use this option to stop or resume the Clock PMS+ updates for the given rate.
Important: Please note that when new products are available (when the channel manager account is added, or you've created new products in the RoomCloud and were downloaded in Clock PMS+), their export is automatically Disabled. You need to enable it once you've mapped the corresponding Clock PMS+ rate.
Here are some cases when you should use the Re-send button
- A new OTA has been added to RoomCloud, as it is connected to the existing RoomCloud Room types and Rates. This is needed to trigger a full update to the newly connected OTA.
- An update to an existing OTA has been made and the new products from the OTA (usually new rates) are connected to new or existing RoomCloud rates. This is needed in order to trigger an update for the newly added products
You can set up the following for each OTA:
- Company - a dropdown menu of your company profiles registered in Clock PMS+ to select from. Each booking imported from this channel will be created with the company profile selected in this field;
- Event - a dropdown menu of events created in Clock PMS+ to select from. This option is designed to be used when you have minimum contracted rooms, as events can block contracted rooms. For more info, please contact our Support Team;
- Rate charge transfer:
- Don't transfer rate charges – the rate charges will remain in the created booking folio.
- Transfer rate charges to Company/Event - the rate charges will be transferred to an open folio in the selected Company or Event profile
- Transfer rate charges to Agent - the rate charges will be transferred to an open folio in the Agent profile. Please contact the support team for more details about the Agents setup in Clock PMS+
- Deduct Tax %- controls if the tax amount will be deducted from the price provided by the OTAs:
- If your tax mode is "No tax" or "Tax included in prices", please leave this field empty
- If your tax mode is "Tax not included in prices" and an OTA sends the bookings to Clock PMS+ with tax included in the price, please specify the tax % that needs to be deducted in order to have correct booking prices in Clock PMS+.
- Disable Registration Card Creation - if enabled, the import of bookings from the OTAs will stop the creation of registration cards for extra guests in bookings (in case they are sent by an OTA). A registration card will be created for the main guest in the booking only.
RoomCloud Charge Template Map
To be able to sell supplements in the OTAs, you need to specify a default charge template from Clock PMS+ which will be used for all supplements that we receive.
If you plan to import the supplements with a specific charge template, please:
- Click on "Add"
- Fill up the name of the supplement (from the channel) in the "RoomCloud supplement text" field
- Select the corresponding Clock PMS+ charge template
- Save the changes