The document types are used when closing folios in Clock PMS+. Upon the initial configuration of the system, you have one document type created whose settings can be changed as per the specific needs. Additionally, you can add as many document types as you need for your work. To access the settings of the document types, go to the navigation bar and select Settings->All Settings->Documents->Document Type(s).
To correct the settings of the existing document type, click the edit button at the beginning of its row. To add a new type, select the "+" button.
Fill in the fields, as follows:
- Positive value document name (1) - enter the document name that is to be applied in the cases when the value of the closed folio is positive, e.g. "Invoice";
- Negative value document name (2) - enter the document name that is to be applied in the cases when the value of the closed folio is negative.
- Positive correction document name (3) - enter the document name that is to be applied in the cases when the value of the correction folio is positive, e.g. "Debit note";
- Negative correction document name (4) - enter the document name that is to be applied in the cases when the value of the correction folio is negative, e.g. "Credit note";
Note: The document names specified here will be visible when working with Clock PMS+. For client printouts, you have the option to set texts for the different languages by going to Languages and Texts->Document Type Translations. In case of no translations available for the respective language, the names set in the document type will be used for the client printouts.
- Number generator for positive/negative value documents (5) - select the number generator that will determine the document numbering. It is allowed to select the same number generator for the two options. In this case, both document types will share the same numbering. More info on how to configure the number generator can be found in document number generators.
- Required Billing to Company/Person fields (6) - you can specify the Billing to attributes that are required for closing folios. You have the option to choose different attributes depending on whether the recipient is a natural person or a company.
- Folio Print Template (7) - if you wish to use specially prepared print template for this document type, you can specify it here. You can find more details about Custom Document Templates.
- Print footer (8) - this setting is applicable only to the printing of documents issued through Clock POS.
- Disabled for Balanced folios/ Disabled for Unbalanced folios (9) - you can specify in which cases the specific document type is to be used (with the closure of balanced and/or unbalanced folios). This way you can limit the user errors when issuing the various document types as per your business model.
Mandatory issue of a document for each closed folio
The issue of a document with the folio closure is a selectable option in Clock PMS+. We have provided a setting to let you make this option mandatory, so that for each closed folio in the system the respective document type is issued. You can enable this option by accessing the document type settings screen and disable the "Allow folios to be closed without a document type (Close as Folio)" option.