For the activation of your SiteMinder connection, you will first need to:
- Have your OTA channel add-on activated (if not, please contact the Support Team)
- Contact your SiteMinder account manager or sales representative to request a connection to Clock PMS+
Complete the settings in Clock PMS+ by going to the All Settings –> OTA Channel Settings menu.
Please note that this section will be available after we receive your SiteMinder hotel ID
You can make changes to the general settings by clicking the Edit button in the top right corner of the screen:
- Name - you can specify the name of the connection
- Default charge template - when an extra charge is imported for which there is no mapped charge template, the one selected here will be used (you can find more details in the "Charge template map" section below).
- To Do on new booking - controls if a to-do task will be created when a booking notification is imported. The recommended value is YES
- Company map - the default value is "Channel-to-Company (v1)". If you plan to import Company and Agent profiles (sent by the OTAs), please consult the support team about the required settings in Clock PMS+ before switching the value
- Marketing Channel/Source/Segment - default values for the marketing elements. More details about their setup and usage can be found here.
To add a new map between Clock PMS+ room type and SiteMinder one, simply click the New button and fill in the necessary details:
- Room Type Code – enter an inventory code for the room type. This inventory code will pop up in your SiteMinder account once the connection testing and activation happen, allowing you to complete the mapping on the SiteMinder side (see below ‘Testing and activation’). We recommend keeping the code short and clear.
- Room type – a dropdown menu of your room types to select from;
- Max Rooms – use this option to control up to how many of your available rooms of a room type to be sent with a single update. If you have 5 rooms available, with Max Rooms set to 3, only 3 rooms will be sent. In the case of 2 rooms available, with Max Rooms set to 4, only 2 rooms will be sent;
- Availability export disabled – use this option to stop or resume the Clock PMS+ updates for the given room type
To add a new map between Clock PMS+ rate and SiteMinder one, simply click the New button and fill in the necessary details:
- Rate Plan Code – enter an inventory code for the rate plan. This inventory code will pop up in your SiteMinder account once the connection testing and activation happen, allowing you to complete the mapping on the SiteMinder side (see below ‘Testing and activation’). We recommend keeping the code short and clear.
- Rate – a dropdown menu of your rates in Clock PMS+ to select from;
- Deposit auto payment– a dropdown menu with the following options to choose from:
- Export of prices disabled only – use this option to stop or resume the export of Clock PMS+ prices for the given rate;
- Export of rates and restrictions disabled – use this option to stop or resume the Clock PMS+ updates for the given rate;
To add a new map between a company in Clock PMS+ and connected OTAs in SiteMinder, simply click the New button and fill in the necessary details:
- Company Code – to be received from SiteMinder (you can find the list of OTA codes used by SiteMinder here);
- Company – a dropdown menu of your company profiles registered in Clock PMS+ to select from. Each booking imported from this channel will be created with the company profile selected in this field;
- Event – a dropdown menu of events created in Clock PMS+ to select from. This option is designed to be used when you have minimum contracted rooms, as events can block contracted rooms. It will list only the events associated with the selected Company profile. For more info, please contact our Support Team;
- Rate charge transfer
- Don't transfer rate charges – the rate charges will remain in the created booking folio
- Transfer rate charges to Company/Event - the rate charges will be transferred to an open folio in the selected Company or Event profile
- Transfer rate charges to Agent - the rate charges will be transferred to an open folio in the Agent profile. Please contact the support team for more details about the Agents setup in Clock PMS
- Disable registration cards – if set to “yes”, a registration card will be created only for the main guest in each booking imported from the respective channels. Set this field to “no”, if you need a registration card to be created for extra guests from the imported bookings;
- Deposit auto payment – see the description in the above "Rate Map" section;
Charge Template Map
To add a new map between a Clock PMS+ extra charge and a SiteMinder one, simply click the New button and fill in the necessary details:
- Service Inventory Code – to be received from SiteMinder (you can find a list of the extra charge codes used by SiteMinder here). The price and the currency will be provided by SiteMinder;
- Charge Template – a dropdown menu of your charge templates in Clock PMS+ to select from;
Testing and activation
Your SiteMinder representative will contact us with a proposal for a testing and activation date and time which needs to be confirmed with you as well. At the same time, they will provide us with your SiteMinder Hotel ID, which we will add to your account and all actions outlined above can be performed.
One hour prior to the scheduled testing, we will enable the connection with SiteMinder, and the Room Type and Rate Plan codes that you have entered in Clock PMS+ will pop up in your SiteMinder account for you to complete mapping.
You can find them and complete the mapping by logging into SiteMinder -> tab ‘ClockPMS’ -> subtab ‘Rooms & Rates’ -> press ‘PMS Mapping Wizard’.
When the mapping on SiteMinder is completed, we will proceed with the testing together with your SiteMinder representative.
Mapping new room types and/or rate plans
In order to add new products to the mapping, simply follow the same procedure as outlined above - create your new Room type and/or Rate Plan codes and map them to your corresponding PMS+ room types/rates in All Settings –> OTA Channel Settings menu.
After this is done, those newly created codes will show up in your SiteMinder account to complete the mapping on their side as well. Once mapped in SiteMinder, navigate back to All Settings –> OTA Channel Settings menu in Clock PMS+ and press Re-send which will send a full update for the newly created products.