In Clock PMS+, you can have charges appear with special customer-friendly names (print text) in invoice printouts while preserving their usual names in Clock PMS+.
The charges having the same print text will be combined in some of the views following specific rules (see below for more details on each views)
You can add or edit the print text for each charge from the Charge template settings.
The following open folio will be used as an example to illustrate the possible views in Clock PMS+:
To access the various views for any folio in Clock PMS+, please go to the desired folio and click on the 'Preview' button at the top of the page. Then select 'View':
Note: All examples will also include a second charge source (similar charges, but transferred from another booking) for better demonstration of the differences between the various views.
- 'Details': each charge is shown on a separate line forming. All charges are grouped by source.
- 'By Date': the charges having the same print text, date and tax percentage are combined on one line. The Quantity column is not shown. The charges are also divided by source.
- 'By Text/ Price': the charges having the same print text and price are combined on one line. The Date column will not be shown, as the charges could have different dates. The charges are also grouped by source.
- 'Compact': the charges having the same print text and tax percentage are combined on one line, regardless of their price. The Date and the Quantity columns are not shown. The charges are also grouped by source.
- 'Packaged by Dates/Qty': the charges with the same dates and the same quantities will be combined in one line. The charge sources are ignored.
- 'Packaged by Qty': the charges having the same quantities will be shown on one line. The Date column will not be shown. The charge sources are ignored.
Both the 'Packaged by Qty' and the 'Packaged by Dates/Qty' views show the summarized TAX% and the TAX Amount in the tax table of the printout (in the default printout this table is listed just under the charges).
There is one additional view accessible from the 'Single row folio' button located at the top of the folio preview page.
Using this button, you will be prompted to enter a text. This text will be used for overwriting the print texts of all charges combining them based on their tax %.
To exit the 'Single row folio' view, please click on the button having the same name, remove the added text and save.