Having familiarised ourselves with the purpose of the folios, now we will examine the settings which you can do and what will be their impact.
The settings can be accessed by opening the folio and selecting the "Currency /Name /Notes" button in the 'Billing to' section.
Here is what you can change:
- Name (1) - you can set a name to the folio that will be visible on the operating screens and reports related to folios. The name can be an indication of the purpose of the specific folio. You can set and change the setup of open folios only.
- Currency (2)- the folio currency determines the currency of the documents to be issued when closing the folio. In the folio, you can post services having prices in different currencies, as well as accept payments in different currencies. The total balance of the folio is calculated in the currency of the folio. All booking folios are opened in the currency depending on the value of the 'Default booking folios currency' setting, and in the rest of the cases, the currency used is determined by what you have selected in the 'Account default currency' setting. The values of both settings are defined in the Tax Settings. The currency of the specific folio can be changed, only if it is open.
- Surcharge percent (3) - you can set a surcharge to be applied to the specific folio. The surcharge is defined as a percentage and is calculated automatically based on the value of the folio. With the change to the folio value - the surcharge is also recalculated. The calculation of the surcharge is based on what you have defined in the Tax Settings. You can set or remove the surcharge from a folio only when it is open.
- Payment term - days (4) - here you can enter a number of days upon the folio closing, within which the amounts due under a specific folio are to be paid. If you leave the field blank, the setting defined in the Tax Settings is applied. The payment term is visible in the printout view of the document and is used for tracking the payments in the 'Accounts Receivable report'. You can correct the payment term of a closed folio, too.
- Customer cost centre (5) - you can use the setting for accounting purposes of your contractors. The field is shown in the printout view of the folio. It can be corrected at any time.
- Purchase Order Number, Purchase Order Date (6,7) - you can enter a number and date of the order related to the folio. The data is visible in the printout view of the folio (document). Changes are also possible to an already closed folio.
- Notes (8) - add a custom text note regarding the specific folio. You can correct it at any time. The note will be visible in the preview mode and printout of the folio.
- Accounts Receivable notes (9) - you can add a note regarding the subsequent payments with the contractor. The field is only accessible for closed folios. In the 'Accounts Receivable report' you can set these notes to be visible.
Hide in the Self Service Portal (10) - enable this setting, if you DON'T desire the folio to be visible in the MyBooking Portal (Self Service Portal). You can change the setting only for open folios.