This article will guide you how to handle credit cards in Clock PMS+ and all related operations.
Important: Please note that the below is applicable when using one of the following payment providers:
- Adyen v2
- Worldline/Six Payments
Adding (tokenizing) a credit card in a Booking / Company profile / Event
Please check the following article for more details.
- If adding the credit card manually please select the 'New card' option (1).
- If you have a connected terminal you can use it to add the card. Please click on the corresponding terminal name (2) and swipe the card when prompted.
Charging a credit card
Navigate to the folio for which you want to transact (can be booking folio; event; company; non-resident) and click on the Credit Card Payments button.
- If you do not have a tokenized credit card you can add a new card for this payment using the 'New card' button (1)
- If you have a tokenized credit card please select it and it will be charged automatically (2)
- If you have a connected terminal you can use it to charge the amount. Please click on the corresponding terminal name and swipe the card when prompted (3)
The payment will be added to the folio and the 'Text' field will show its reference number:
Note: The payment can be initiated in any of the currencies that you have set in the Clock PMS+ account.
Refunding a payment
Important: You can only refund if you've processed transactions for this folio already. If, for example, all payments in the folio are Cash payments, you won't be able to refund.
Important: Each payment can be refunded once (for its full or for a partial amount).
Important: The refund can be processed only in the currency of the payment provider (regardless of the currency of the original payment).
Please open the folio in which the payment is added and click on the 'Refund' button next to it (1).
Add the amount that is to be refunded and confirm (2). This will add a new payment with negative amount in the folio (3):
Pre-authorization of an amount
Please open the booking / company folio and click on the drop button next to the 'Credit card payment' button:
Use the 'Pre-authorization' (1) option in order to hold an amount on the card. This amount will not be charged, but the cardholder will not be able to spend it
- New credit card
- The tokenized card (if any)
- A connected terminal. Please click on the corresponding terminal name and swipe the card when prompted
The company profiles do not show the Pre-authorized amounts in their preview page, but those can still be used.
The automated release will not update the data in Clock PMS+ (because the bank will not send a notice for this). You might get an error that the amount is no longer available if you try to capture an amount that was held more than 5-10 days ago. In this case please try charging the credit card directly.
Remark: We recommend to use pre-authorization as close as possible to the booking arrival in order to minimise the chance of having this amount automatically released.