If you process card payments through a payment provider, here is how you can perform the related operations:
Adding (tokenizing) a credit card in a Booking / Company profile / Event
This operation allows you to store a credit card for future use in the booking / company / event.
Please note that according to the PCI DSS security policy credit cards will be stored for a limited amount of time. After that they will be automatically deleted.
Please check the following article for more details.
Open the booking and click on the 'Operations->Check and save credit card' button from the 'Credit card' section.
Open the company profile and click on the 'Operations->Check and save credit card' button from the 'Credit card' section.
Open the event and click on the 'Operations->Check and save credit card' button from the 'Credit card' section.
- If adding the credit card manually please select the 'New card' option (1).
- If you have a connected terminal you can use it to add the card. Please click on the corresponding terminal name (2) and swipe the card when prompted.
Note: Wordline/Six Payments users should have in mind that tokenization through a terminal will pre-authorize an amount of 0.01.
Use the card icon button from the main folio screen or the "Payments & Pre-Authorizations" screen, and follow these steps:
- Specify the sum amount;
- If you don't have a tokenized credit card, you can add a new one for this payment using the "New credit card" (2) button. Enter the card details and withdraw the amount through the “Use the new credit card" button;
- If you have a tokenized credit card, please select it to be automatically charged (1);
- If you have a connected terminal, you can use it to charge the amount. Please click the name of the respective terminal and swipe the card when prompted by the system (3);
To refund an amount to a charged card, follow these steps:
- From the main folio screen, open "Payments & Pre-Authorizations";
- Find the payment and open its details;
- Click the “Refund” button;
- Fill in a reason, correct the amount, if needed, and confirm the operation.
Important: You can only refund if you've processed transactions for this folio already. If, for example, all payments in the folio are Cash payments, you won't be able to refund.
Important: Each payment can be refunded once (for its full or for a partial amount).
Important: The refund can be processed only in the currency of the payment provider (regardless of the currency of the original payment).
The pre-authorization operations include amount block, withdrawal and release.
Pre-authorization (blocking an amount)
Use the Pre-authorization option to block an amount on the credit card. This amount will not be charged, but the cardholder will not be able to spend it.
From the main folio screen, click the card payment button and go to the “Pre-Authorizations” page;
- Enter the amount that you wish to block;
- You can use:
- New credit card;
- Tokenized card (if any);
- Connected terminal. Please select the name of the respective terminal and swipe the card when prompted by the system.
The blocked amount will be visible on the main folio screen, as well as in the payment details, “Pre-Authorizations” page.
Each pre-authorization can be used only once. In case of a partial payment, the remaining amount will be released. To use a blocked amount:
- From the main folio screen, click the card payment button;
- Enter the amount that you wish to withdraw (it should not exceed the blocked amount);
- From the “Pre-authorizations” group, select the respective pre-authorization and confirm the transaction.
To release a blocked amount:
- Open the payment details and go to the “Pre-Authorizations” page;
- Open the pre-authorization details and click the “Release” button;
- Confirm the operation;
Important: All pre-authorized amounts can be released automatically by the bank that issues the credit card. There is no specific period, but the average one is 5-10 days.
The automated release will not update the data in Clock PMS+ (because the bank will not send a notice for this). You might get an error that the amount is no longer available if you try to capture an amount that was held more than 5-10 days ago. In this case please try charging the credit card directly.
Remark: We recommend to use pre-authorization as close as possible to the booking arrival in order to minimise the chance of having this amount automatically released.