Occupancy adaptable rates are an advanced revenue management feature of Clock PMS+. They help Clock PMS+ to track your hotel occupancy and automatically change rates when the certain occupancy levels for your hotel are reached without you lifting a finger.
Still, you can take advantage of the manual price option for the dates when you know that there will be high demand and you would not like the automatic levels to be activated.
To get started, you need to simply add occupancy levels and corresponding rates. This is how you can set up the occupancy adaptable levels. For each occupancy level, you can choose among any of the types of rates supported by Clock PMS+:
- Base rate
- Rate derived through the addition or subtraction of an amount or percentage to a standard rate
- Derived rate on the basis of another derived rate, etc.
Similarly, the new type of occupancy adaptable rates can be used as the basis for derived rates or as a part of another adaptable rate
The new type of rates works both for PMS and WBE, as well as for the OTA channels.
Setup of Occupancy Adaptable Rates
- Go to the Rate Plan Screen, click a rate plan and select one of its rates. Then click the Price Table button
- On the Rate screen, choose 'Occupancy Adaptable Rate' from the 'New Rate' dropdown menu
- Fill in the standard fields of the rate (they are the same as the Standard rate setup fields)
- Set different occupancy levels (using the Tracking field, specify if these levels correlate to the number of free rooms of the selected room type or the free rooms as a whole):
- The lowest level (empty hotel) has automatically been added. Select a rate for it.
Add as many more occupancy levels as you need. To do so, simply set the number of free rooms for each level and the rates to be used with them.
Example: If you have a hotel with DBL rooms, and you need the room price to change automatically when the available rooms become 7, then 4 or less, you can use the following settings.
- Save the rate
Specifics of Occupancy Adaptable Rates
Changes to the Base Rate Amounts
The rate amounts building up an occupancy adaptable rate can be changed at any time. The adaptable rate amount will correspond to the current state of the respective rate.
Clock PMS+ enables you to combine occupancy adaptable rates and manual prices for greater operating flexibility in the management of rates.
If you fill in an amount for the adaptable rate itself (for a season or special day), the amount entered by you (a manually set price) takes priority and the adaptable rate does not apply. Thus you can define the price preferred by you for dates and seasons when you expect high occupancy and stop the use of the occupancy rate in these cases only.
Restrictions operate in a similar way to the standard and derived rates' ones: The adaptable rates themselves can contain restrictions.
Note: The restrictions set up in the rates building up the adaptable rate are not taken into consideration.