Clock PMS update (07 Jul 2014)
Modified on: Thu, 28 Nov, 2019 at 12:17 PM
- New method for auto assignment of rooms.
- Added new setting, which gives two auto assignment options: one that follows the room sort order and another that assigns rooms randomly.
- The random room assignment aims to ensure equal wear of rooms in the long run. The setting is located at the bottom of screen Settings – Rooms.
- The Charge Summary Report can be run to give information about all accounts in the subscription.
- The report filters let you select the accounts that you want the report to include. You can select any account that you have access to.
- You can select accounts of different types: Hotel, POS, Golf, etc. The data will be presented in one common report.
- The data can be sorted by accounts (Hotel 1 – data, Hotel 2 – data, Restaurant – data, etc.) or it can be summarised for the entire division/region/chain/etc.
- The new options add to the better integration between Clock POS and Clock PMS. Managers can get the total revenue information without transferring data between different systems.
- Special access option for housekeeping staff.
- Added new right: 'Access: basic', which allows access to all basic functions that are not governed by other rights.
- Users that are not granted the new right, can only access the desktop and the Housekeeping report. By default 'Access: basic' is granted to all users!
- Access to reports: new right 'Reports: Statistics reports'
- The new right governs the access to all reports that contain statistical or financial information about the hotel.
- The old right, 'Reports: Control reports', governs the access to all control rights, as before.
- The operative reports are controlled by 'Access: basic' only. By default the right is not granted to any user!
- Any changes in the online reservation system and the Self Service portal now require access right 'Settings: Update'.
Self Service portal
- Guests who pay their bills through the Self service portal can now do so using the WorldPay interface for credit card payments.
- The rates that do not match the search criteria are now listed in a hidden section
- So far the rates that did not match the search criteria (minimum guests, period, or some other restriction) were not shown at all.
- Now those rates can be shown with link 'See more rates not compatible with your search' for each room type.
- This gives clients information for possible better offers for longer stays (e.g. 7-day packages). Seeing all the options makes the booking process clearer.
- The internal logic of the calendar and the room/rate combinations list has been changed so the possibility of discrepancies is avoided and clients get clear accurate information.
- In response to subscriber requests, the to-do tasks for new bookings and cancellations have been restored.
- As it turns out, to-do tasks serve the purpose better than plain notifications.
- Registration cards – the contact details of the booking are auto filled in the first registration card added.
- Since this is the usual case, the registration cards will be faster to complete.
- Modified the 'select folio' screen for transfers.
- The suggestions now include the company selected in the booking.
- Restored payment sub-type sorting in the Payments report.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.