Functions 'Transfer rate charges to Company/Agent'
When working with companies or agents it is quite common that you may need to transfer the rate charges from the bookings to a company folio. This might be due to the invoicing arrangement you have with them (e.g. Invoice all the arrivals from the past month) or other reasons.
This function allows you to save time by having the system automatically transfer the rate charges to the company/agent profile during booking creation.
Important: This function only works during booking creation. Nothing will happen if used when editing an existing booking.
Currently, if this function is used, the rate charges will be transferred to the 'oldest' open folio available in the company profile.
However, as the 'oldest' open folio changes dynamically, it might cause difficulties when auditing.
In order to tackle that, you can select a 'default' folio in the company profile settings to which all these charges will be transferred. To select it, access and edit the profile of the company and in the 'Default folio' field select an already existing folio from the profile.
Please note that once selected, best practice is not to close the default folio. Rather use it as a 'routing' hub - charges from bookings are always transferred there and from there you can transfer to the specific folio (e.g. for last month arrivals) which will be invoiced.
Functions 'Split by Company' and 'Split by Agent'
In order to better organize the receivable accounts of Tour Operators, Agents and Companies, we have created a special type of transfer from the bookings - 'Split by Company' and 'Split by Agent'. Unlike the 'Transfer rate charges to...' functionality which transfers the charges to a single Company/Agent folio, with this type of transfer you have more control over where the charges are transferred to. This approach keeps the charges as long as possible in the booking where they can be easily found and audited.
The transfer itself is done automatically with the booking check-out. For a greater flexibility, you also have the option to manually initiate the transfer before the bookings are marked as departed.
How it works
- When you create the bookings, you can select a company profile and one of the 'Split by Agent' or 'Split by Company'options (depending on the company's role in the booking). After saving the booking, two folios will be created - one for the Agent/Company with the rate charges and a second folio for the charges of the booking itself.
- Create folios in the Company's profile based on how you are going to invoice the bookings, e.g. by Arrivals, Promotions, Markets, etc.,
- In the booking's 'Transfer Folio on Departure'field, you can choose from all open folios of the Company/Agent selected in the booking but the deposit and correction folios. Here you should select the folio to which the charges of the bookings are to be transferred after their checkout.
- To select a field value for multiple bookings, use the Booking Advanced Search. Find the bookings and select the ones to which you wish to transfer their charges across the Company's folios. Use the Bulk Update feature to set the Transfer Folio for the selected bookings, button 'Folio->Transfer Folio on Check Out'. By default, the list will offer the first company selected in the booking from the top of the list.
- At checkout, if the Transfer on Departure folio is selected for the booking, the system will transfer the charges from all folios in the booking whose Recipient is the same as the one in the Departure folio. Booking folios will NOT be transferred, they must be paid at reception.
- If, after creating a booking, you select the 'Split by Company' or 'Split by Agent' option, the charges will NOT be automatically transferred and you will see a message 'Existing charges will NOT automatically transfer'. However, the option will be taken into account for new charges - for example when changing the stay of the booking.
- If there are payments in the Agent/Company folio in the booking, it will not allow transfer. Transfer the payments where you see fit before sending;
- Only charges from open folios will be transferred;
- Once left empty, the old folio is voided;
- If you wish to initiate the transfer earlier than the checkout the booking, you can do so from the Advanced Search. Select the bookings for which you wish to execute the transfer and select the Folios->Transfer to folio on checkout function.
- Assigning a transfer folio to reservations requires the user right 'Reservation: Send with unpaid folio'.
To simplify the reservation process, you can use the following functions from the Bookings->Advanced Search screen:
- No transfer folio on checkout filter - with its help you will easily find all reservations for which a transfer folio has not yet been set.
- 'Reference number' and 'Reference date' columns - for the needs of Tour Operator contracts in the fields 'Reference date and number' in the booking, you can enter the details of the voucher number and date. We have included the ability to display the data from these fields on the booking list. To display the columns, if they are not visible, click the 'Columns' button and select them.