How to create a rate
First, you need to set a rate plan to define the main rate parameters. The role of Rate plans is to be a kind of a folder containing rates with similar offers for easier management:
- Go to 'Other' - 'Settings' - 'Rate plan';
- Click 'Add';
- Specify the rate plan name;
- Set the currency;
- If the rate is going to include different prices for weekends, select these days here as well. For more info on weekend prices, see Seasons below
- Click 'Continue'
Now set a standard rate. This rate is the price of a certain combination of room type and number of guests. Use rates to automate room charging, set the prices for your website and the ones for online tour operators. Here is how:
- Click 'New Rate';
- Select 'Standard Rate';
- Choose the Room Type/Room the rate is to apply to;
- Enter a name – usually it describes the guests the rate applies to (e.g. 2 A(dults)+1C(hild);
- Currency - choose the rate currency (it can be different from the rate plan currency);
- Charge template - select the charge template to be used for room charges;
- Rate package - select a rate package if needed;
- Select 'City Tax' mode, if you want the rate to charge city tax automatically;
The available options are:
- No city tax: No city tax charges will be applied automatically to the booking folio.
- Extra, Separate charge: The city tax will be added on top of the rate price in the booking folio as an extra charge
- Included, Separate charge: The city tax will be subtracted from the rate price and will be shown as an extra charge in the booking folio
- Included, Joint charge: The city tax will be calculated as part of the rate price, but will not be shown as a separate charge in the booking folio. Instead, it will be shown as clarification in the folio print form:
Since this is not an actual charge, it will only be tracked in the 'Charge Modifier Report'
- Hurdle rate and Hurdle rate mode. Please check the following article for more details.
- If the rate includes meals, tick them as well.
- Marketing source / channel / segment: Use this option to select which marketing segmentation elements to be applied to the booking.
- Tags: Use them to help you find and edit a group of rates easier. Learn more.
- Repeat these steps for all the rates you need.
Then use the Season option to set default prices and restrictions for the period from the season start date to the next season start date. How to set a season start date:
How to edit Days and Seasons
- Double click on a blue cell in the rate table and fill in the price and restrictions. OR
- Select a white cell for a season start date and click the 'Season' button at the top.
In addition to the season price, you can set a second season price to be used at weekends only , for example. To do so, you need to have weekend days set. It is done either with the rate plan creation, or you can add them later on by editing the plan.
Setup of a weekend price:
- Double click a blue or white cell to set a season start date. To set a weekend price, you need to have both season and weekend price fields filled in.
- Fill in the season and weekend prices.
- Click 'New'
Use the 'Day' cell to override the default season price or restrictions set through a 'Season'.
To set a single Day:
- Click on an orange cell. OR
- Select a white cell and click the 'Day(s)' button.
To set multiple Days at once:
- Drag over multiple white cells to select a period. OR
- Hold 'Ctrl'/'Cmd' key while selecting or dragging to choose even more dates/periods (white cells). OR
- Select/Drag availability cells (available room table). This way you will select a certain period in all rates for this room type.
- Click the 'Day(s)' button to change the price or set restrictions.
To clear a set day price/restrictions:
- Select single or multiple days (white cells).
- Click the small split button next to the 'Day(s)' button and select 'Clear price/restrictions for the days selected'.
- Select what to be cleared.