Quite often, and especially with longer events, there are catering activities that are outside the regular breakfast/lunch/dinner that you offer in your outlets. You are able to record each of those catering activities in the Event page allowing you to have all information on one place, send offers including catering, and provide the necessary information about a catering activity to your staff through the Function sheets.
Adding Catering activities
To add an activity, navigate to the Event page and in section 'Catering' click on '+Add'.
On the next page, you will be asked to fill out the information about the activity:
- (1) - select to indicate if this catering activity is optional or eventually cancelled.
Note: If the whole event is with status 'Optional' or 'Allotment' the catering activities can be only 'Optional'.
- (2) - enter start and end time of the catering activity
- (3) - select/enter the Location of the catering activity. You can create 'Restaurants' from menu Settings->All Settings->Meal. You can select a 'Restaurant' and enter additional information about the 'Location'. You can also skip entering any location.
Tip: As a 'Restaurant' you can create any location where a catering activity might happen - back garden; entrance lobby; the actual meeting rooms; a specific area of the Restaurant, etc.
- (4) - select the Activity type - e.g. Coffee Break; Buffet breakfast; Afternoon in-room snacks, etc. You can create the activity types from menu Settings->All Settings->Activity type.
- (5) - select what the Activity setup style should be - e.g. buffet style; hollow square; boardroom, etc. You can create the Activity setup styles from menu Settings->All Settings->Activity setup style.
- (6) - enter # of Persons attending this catering activity. This is a particularly important information, please make sure you always enter it.
- (7) - enter a description of this catering activity. This description is available in the default offer template and can be used in any custom document templates you create.
- (8) - enter internal notes about this catering activity. They are visible in the default 'Function sheet' intended for your staff.
- (7) - once you create the activity, you can edit it and create ToDo tasks related specifically to this catering activity.
When you've entered all the information about this catering activity simply click 'Create' to save. Proceed to create and add all the catering activities that are offered/booked for this event individually.
Tip: If there will be a coffee break from 09:00 until 10:00 and breakfast from 10:00 to 11:00, create two separate catering activities. This will allow you to add information that is specific to the activity and will not create potential confusion (which could happen if the activity was one - from 09:00 to 11:00).
Until now, you saw how to create a Catering activity and enter all the information. However, you have not seen how to add the charges for the catering activity.
Important: Cancelling the catering activity will not void any related charges. If charges need to be voided, please make sure you do that manually.
Once you've created the activities, you will see the 'Charge' button next to each of them:
Simply post the charges for the respective catering activities. Those charges will be added to the main Event folio and you will have a breakdown of the charges and their related activity:
Furthermore, the same breakdown will be visible in the Function sheets:
You can find more information about Function Sheets HERE.
In regards to the guest/customer-facing side of these charges, you have the option to show them separately as pictured above or combine them together. Please check THIS article which explains the various options for presenting the charges on the event folio.