Servicing guest enquiries is an important aspect of the electronic communication with guests. Use the Booking Enquiry feature to send personalised offers and special prices to your guests and increase your sales. This versatile tool lets you generate and send an enquiry reply and then create a booking based on the guest enquiry. And all it takes is just a few clicks.
Create a booking enquiry reply
- Open the Rate and Availability screen
- Click the 'New' button From the Booking Enquiry menu (top right) and fill in the guest's details.
- Check the results for the needed period, room types and rates on the Rate & Availability screen as usual.
- Click the small button next to the 'Book' button for each matching product
- Fill in the number of rooms (when working with room types only) and click 'Add to Enquiry'
- The number of the added rooms will appear in the 'Edit Rooms' button of the Booking Enquiry menu.
- You can also add rooms for different periods, room types and number of guests.
- By clicking the button with the enquiry number and guest's surname you can check and edit the guest's details.
- By clicking the Edit Rooms button you can remove already added rooms.
The Rate & Availability screen remembers your last Booking Enquiry and it will be available to you when you return to this screen.
Click the small drop-down menu button (the rightmost one on the Booking Enquiry menu) and select 'Remove from screen' to clear the active booking enquiry from the screen.
If you have removed a certain booking enquiry from the screen, you can call it back to the screen:
- Go to 'Booking' – 'Booking Enquiry Search'
- Find the enquiry and click 'Open on the Rate and Availability screen' to return to it.
- Now you can add more rooms or alternatively use any other feature of this screen.
Email or print the enquiry reply
To send a booking enquiry reply, you can use our customisable standard form or build an entirely new custom form with your own design and arrangement (see Customise the booking enquiry form below). Here is how you can print or email the reply:
- Click the 'Next' button from the Booking Enquiry menu and check all the details before clicking the 'Print/Send' button.
- Additionally, you can further customise the email before sending it by adding specific notes above and under the grid with rooms. Click 'Edit' and enter the specific notes.
Use floating or fixed prices
A Booking Enquiry shows the prices of the rooms at the moment of their adding. These are not fixed prices, but informative ones showing what you have offered the guest. Bookings are created at the current prices. So you will need to check if current prices have changed compared to the ones you sent. Here is how:
- Click the 'Edit Rooms' button and select 'Check current prices and show differences'.
- The rows with price changes are highlighted, showing the old prices and the new ones.
- If you want to resend the enquiry reply with the new prices, click the 'Recalculate and update prices' button. Then send the enquiry reply to the client.
Alternatively to floating prices, you can choose to use fixed prices. This guarantees that the guest's booking will be created at the prices offered in the enquiry reply no matter how the current prices have changed. Here is how:
- Click the 'Edit Rooms' button
- Fill in the 'Manual Price' field with the price you need to remain fixed and select the currency
Thus entered, the price will be transferred to the 'Manual Price' field of the booking and the guest will be able to book at the offered price.
Create a booking based on the booking enquiry
After receiving an email or telephone call from a guest with a request for a booking based on the enquiry, here are the steps to create the booking:
- Find the guest's enquiry ('Bookings' - 'Booking Enquiry Search')
- Open it
- Click 'Create Booking' button next to the respective room
- Click the link of the newly created booking to edit it or send confirmation
Soon clients will also be able to do it ( the feature is still at a developmental stage). Guests will visit a special page, part of your web reservation system. There a booking will easily be created on the basis of the data from the enquiry reply in a click. Apart from saving time, a client can also take advantage of special prices and packages, if offered.
Customise the booking enquiry form
The standard enquiry form can easily be customised. Here are the options to do it:
- Title. It is at the top. If not set, the hotel name appears there. It can be changed from 'Settings' - 'Languages and Texts' - 'Booking Enquiry' - 'Title'.
- Logo ( top left). It uses the logo you have uploaded as 'Confirmation Logo' from 'Settings' – 'Logos / Image Library'
- Contact Info (top right). The contact info entered in 'Languages and Texts' - 'Booking Confirmation - Cancellation - Page' - 'Page - Hotel contacts label' is used.
- Name. You can change or translate the default name of the document to be sent. Instead of 'Booking Enquiry', you can choose 'Offer', 'Price Quotation', etc. To do so, go to 'Languages and Texts' - 'Booking Enquiry' - 'Name'.
- Header. A text that appears in the space between the guest contact info and the grid with prices. You can edit it from 'Languages and Texts' - 'Booking Enquiry' - 'Header'.
- Footer. A text appearing under the grid with prices. You can edit it from 'Languages and Texts' - 'Booking Enquiry' - 'Footer'.