The users in Clock PMS are used for:
- Restricting access to different functions, data and accounts.
- Tracking changes, actions and control events by each individual user.
- Cashier and End of the day reports.
The subscription holder is the user (e-mail) of the initial subscription in Clock.
The subscription holder has full administrative access to the system.
The subscription holder's e-mail cannot be changed through the system. If you need to change it, send an issue to Clock support team ( Main menu - '?' - 'Send Question/Issue'). Our support team will send you an e-mail with the procedure for changing the subscription holder's e-mail.
Users: Search Options
- Go to 'Other' – 'Settings' – 'Users'
- In the search field, enter the user name or full name
- From the filter field, use the filter to search in All Users, Active Users, Restaurant/POS accounts
- Click the refresh button next to the field
To Add or Edit users go to: Main menu - 'Other' - 'Settings' - 'User'.
The subscription holder is marked with two key icons on the user list. Regular users who have been granted the 'User: Create and Edit' right are also administrators, being marked with one key icon.
Adding New Users:
In order to add a new user, click the Add button and fill in the respective fields:
- Username. The username must be unique. It is recommended to use stronger (longer and unusual) usernames for better protection.
- Full name. Full personal name. Optional.
- E-mail. The e-mail is used for support requests and contacting Clock support team. Optional.
- Language. The language of the user interface for this user.
- Password and Password confirmation. It is recommended to use stronger (longer and unusual) passwords for better protection.
In the Edit mode for a user, you can simultaneously grant (and see) the access rights to all accounts, regardless of the system used (Clock PMS or POS).
Rights marked with 'CE' are linked to control events.
- Once set, the username cannot be changed.
- To change a password, enter the new password in fields Password and Password confirmation.
- Change Accounts and Rights if needed.
Once created, a user cannot be deleted, so that full change log can be kept. Instead, users can be deactivated by clicking the Edit button in their line and selecting 'Deactivate'
If you need to restrict the access to the system of a user, click the Edit button next to this user and uncheck the rights and accounts which are to be inaccessible to the user. Save.
You can also select the Deactivate option from the dropdown menu of the Edit button in the line of a user and deactivate the same.