In Clock PMS, you can define and manage package rates. These rates include room charges for a guest's stay and charges for extra services used. On the WBE, your client sees a package rate for staying at your hotel and using the package included services. Still, Clock PMS provides you with a detailed breakdown of the elements included in the package rate for various management purposes.
To set up and use the advanced rate features of Clock PMS, you need to have Advanced Rates add-on installed.
Creating and Editing Rate Packages and Package Elements
- Go to 'Settings' – 'Rate Packages' and click the 'New' button
- Click the 'Add' button in the 'Package Elements' section and enter at least the mandatory fields of a package element:
- Price / Percent (tick the percent checkbox to switch to a percent value)
- Charge Text
- Revenue Group
- Click 'Save'
Note: The added package elements do not increase the initial value of a rate, but now the value of the room charge is the remaining amount of the rate after deducting the sum of the package elements' values (as percent values are calculated based on the initial rate price and do not depend on the value and order of adding the other elements). If the sum of the package elements is higher than the initial rate value, the room charge for this rate on guests' folios will have a negative value.
Adding, Editing or Removing Rate Packages or Package Elements
In a few clicks, all rate packages can easily be added, edited or removed from a rate:
- Find the rate you need on the Rate search screen.
- Select Edit/Tags (from the dropdown menu next to the rate).
- In the 'Rate package' field, select the respective package. Save.
- Repeat the last steps with the rates having the same package.
- If you need to delete a package, you can do it from the edit screen of the package, but, first, make sure it is not used by any rate.
- On the package screen you can also remove or make changes to the package elements using the 'Remove' or 'Edit' buttons next to the package element.
Note: It is possible for package elements not to be visible to your guests. Use the print text field to show these package elements on guests' folios in a way of your choosing. For example, if you set one and the same 'print text', let's say 'Room', to all elements of the package, then by selecting the 'By Date' or 'Compact' folio view, these charges will be summed and shown in one line only.