The proper configuration of printers allows you to organize the kitchen orders and bills configuration in the most efficient way for your organisation. Having the orders printed immediately on the right printer allow your waiters and chefs to communicate without losing a moment.
1. Before you start
1.1. Supported models
You need at least one Epson TM-i (TM intelligent printer) in your network. To use intelligent printers, the 'XML printing (EPOS-Print)' protocol is required. The current TM-i models are: TM-T88V-i , TM-T70-i and TM-T82II-i.
Each TM-i printer can control up to 10 Epson TM printers (with network interfaces). In this case, it is recommended to install a UPS to the TM-i printer. For these printers, Ethernet and/or Wi-Fi are required, as the use of Ethernet is recommended. Bluetooth is not supported. Currently, the supported models are:
For TM-T88V-i: TM-T88V, TM-T88IV, TM-T70, TM-T90, TM-L90, TM-P60II, TM-T20, TM-U220.
For TM-T70-i: TM-T88V, TM-T70II, TM-T70, TM-T90, TM-L90, TM-T82II, TM-P60II, TM-P80.
For TM-T82II-i: TM88IV, TM-T70, TM-T70II, TM-T90, TM-L90, TM-T20, TM-T20II, TM-T82II, TM-U220, TM-P60II, TM-P80, TM-P20.
Please check the compatibility with the current printer specifications as they may vary or have been changed by the supplier.
1.2. Device configurations
1.2.1. The IP addresses of all printers used shouldn't change over time (being static or fixed addresses provided by the DHCP server in your network). The network configurations of the printers should be done your network administrator due to the extensive network configurations knowledge required.
1.2.2. All TM printers controlled by the TM-i printer should be connected to the same local network as the TM-i printer.
1.2.3.The TM-i printer acts like a server collecting all print jobs to route them to the proper TM printer or print them by itself. The TM-i printer can only control TM printers registered as devices in the TM-i.
1.2.4. To register the TM printers, access the TM-i configurations page from a computer connected to the same network as the printers at:
[TM-i printer ID Address]/PrinterConfigurationPage.
For more info about the address and the needed username / password to access the device’s configurations page, please refer to the printer manual.
Here is an example of a printer configuration page:
1.2.5. To print successfully, the device running under Clock POS should also be connected to the same local network as the printers!
1.2.6. Please note TCP port 80 shouldn’t be blocked in your network, as it is used for communication among the printers and the TM-i one.
2. Printer configuration
You can configure your printers from Management > Printers setting of Clock POS.
Use the ‘Add’ button to add a new printer to Clock POS. On the screen you can make the following settings:
- Name - Enter the name of the printer as you want to see it in Clock POS;
- Charge print style - Select one of the predefined options (each charge in one line / each charge in two lines) to better suit your needs, visualisation preferences and printer paper width;
- Money value format - Select if you want to use the currency sign or the currency ISO code;
- Columns - how many columns the device can print (please check the printer manual if not sure);
- IP address - Always specify the IP address of the TM-i printer. All print jobs are sent to the TM-i first and then routed to the actual printer to print them;
- Device ID - when adding the TM-i printer, use local_printer for its ID, for the TM printers - IDs assigned at the step described in 1.2.4 above;
- Timeout - Please keep the default value of 100;
- Drawer kick connector - If you have a cash-drawer connected to the printer, please specify its connector type;
- Drawer kick time (ms) - If you have cash-drawer connected to the printer, please specify the time of the signal. Please check the drawer documentation;
- Buzzer sound pattern - You need to configure the printer buzzer pattern first with the Epson tools and then select it to use it;
- Order logo key1 - Please use the Epson tools to load a logo to the printer and then call it by its key;
- Order logo key2 - Please use Epson tools to load logo to the printer and then call it by its key;
- Bill logo key1 - Please use Epson tools to load logo to the printer and then call it with its key;
- Bill logo key2 - Please use the Epson tools to load a logo to the printer and then call it by its key;
- Lang - Select your language if it appears on the list so that the system can properly print its unique characters. If your language is not on the list, leave this field blank;
- Encoding - To ensure the proper appearance of each character, please select the proper encoding for your language;
Once the printer is added, click 'Test print' and 'Test drawer' (if you have one connected) to check if it is configured correctly. You can also use the Make local / Forget local options to set one of the printers as local for the device used or undo this setting. Please note only one printer can be set as local for the device!
Besides adding printers on the Printers screen, you can enable / disable the automatic printing and drawer options:
- The printing of orders is enabled - when the option is enabled an order will automatically be printed with its creation. Click the [Disable] link to undo the setting;
- The printing of bills is enabled - when the option is enabled a bill will automatically be printed with its closing. Clicking the [Disable] link to undo the setting;
- The opening of the drawer on closing bills disabled - when the option is disabled the drawer will not automatically open on closing bills. Undo this setting by clicking [Disable].
3. Edit printer settings
To edit a printer’s configuration, go to Management > Printers and click ‘Open’ next to the printer whose settings you wish to change. Click the Update button in the lower left corner of the screen to save the changes.
4. Removing a printer
For removing a printer, go to Management > Printers and click Open next to the printer to be removed and and then - Delete in the bottom right corner.
5. Using printers
Once configured, the printers in Clock POS can be used for the following purposes:
- Customer bill printing on the printer selected as local for your device. The selection of a local printer is made from Management > Printers as described above (Printer configuration). The local printer can also be changed from the home screen of the system.
- Kitchen receipt printing when an order from a customer folio screen. Kitchen receipts are printed as per the kitchen configuration and the assigned printer. You can also select a local printer for kitchen receipts from the home screen, so that all kitchen receipts are printed by that printer and the other kitchen-assigned printers if any.