Bookings' Guarantee option and confirmation status in Clock PMS helps you manage the guarantee options for a booking and its confirmation letter sending progress.
1. Guarantee Option
The Guarantee option is used for calculating the required deposits in the WRS and confirmation letters for a booking, as well as to inform clients of the hotel terms and conditions related to the guarantee option.
- Select a pre-set guarantee option in the Guarantee Option field when creating or editing a booking.
- Finish with the creation of a new booking and click 'Create' or 'Save' for existing bookings.
Note: The selected guarantee option's title and description will appear on confirmation letters to guests. For more information on setting up guarantee options, see: Guarantee policies
2. Confirmation Letter
Click 'Confirmation' button on the booking screen and choose the language of the confirmation letter to a guest, then:
- Click the Send button to email the confirmation letter;
- Click the Print button for printing the confirmation letter;
- Click Save as PDF for the creation of a PDF file of the confirmation letter;
Check the example confirmation bellow.
Check also: Settings: Booking Confirmation Email
3. Booking Status
Having sent an e-mail booking confirmation through the Send button on the Confirmation screen, the booking status will change from Not Confirmed to Confirmed @ time of sending the confirmation letter, guest's e-mail.
When the confirmation letter to a guest has been sent through another method:
- Click the Confirm! Button on the Confirmation screen to change the booking status from 'Not Confirmed' to 'Confirmed';
- Enter the method of sending the confirmation letter to a guest in the Source field of the pop-up message;
4. Credit Card Details
If through a WBE or Channel Manager, credit details are received as a booking guarantee, they will be filled-in automatically in the Credit Card field of the booking. To check the credit card details, click the Edit button next to the Credit Card field on the edit form of a booking;
You can also enter manually client's credit details received as a booking guarantee. On a new/edit booking form:
- Click the Edit button next to the Credit Card field;
- Fill in the Credit Card fields:
- Card number;
- Holder name;
- Respective credit card code;
- Month and Year of expiration of the credit card;
- Click 'Save';
5. Guaranteed Check Box
All expected guarantees can be tracked in the 'Bookings awaiting guarantee' report.
- Tick the Guaranteed check box on the booking's Edit screen when guarantee option's requirements have been met by a guest, e.g. a deposit or credit card details are received, etc.
- The same booking will no longer appear in the 'Bookings awaiting guarantee' report.