If you process card payments through a payment provider, here is how you can perform the related operations:
Use the card icon button from the main folio screen or the "Payments & Pre-Authorizations" screen, and follow these steps:
- Specify the sum amount;
- If you don't have a tokenized credit card, you can add a new one for this payment using the "New credit card" (2) button. Enter the card details and withdraw the amount through the “Use the new credit card" button;
- If you have a tokenized credit card, please select it to be automatically charged (1);
- If you have a connected terminal, you can use it to charge the amount. Please click the name of the respective terminal and swipe the card when prompted by the system (3);
To refund an amount to a charged card, follow these steps:
- From the main folio screen, open "Payments & Pre-Authorizations";
- Find the payment and open its details;
- Click the “Refund” button;
- Fill in a reason, correct the amount, if needed, and confirm the operation.
The pre-authorization operations include amount block, withdrawal and release.
Use the Pre-authorization option to block an amount on the credit card. This amount will not be charged, but the cardholder will not be able to spend it.
From the main folio screen, click the card payment button and go to the “Pre-Authorizations” page;
- Enter the amount that you wish to block;
- You can use:
- New credit card;
- Tokenized card (if any);
- Connected terminal. Please select the name of the respective terminal and swipe the card when prompted by the system.
The blocked amount will be visible on the main folio screen, as well as in the payment details, “Pre-Authorizations” page.
Blocked amount withdrawal
Each pre-authorization can be used only once. In case of a partial payment, the remaining amount will be released. To use a blocked amount:
- From the main folio screen, click the card payment button;
- Enter the amount that you wish to withdraw (it should not exceed the blocked amount);
- From the “Pre-authorizations” group, select the respective pre-authorization and confirm the transaction.
To release a blocked amount:
- Open the payment details and go to the “Pre-Authorizations” page;
- Open the pre-authorization details and click the “Release” button;
- Confirm the operation;