With this integration you can now synchronize your Clock PMS+ Mailing lists and Mailchimp audiences:
- Go to Settings > All settings > MailChimp Settings and click Authorize to log in to your existing MailChimp account or create a new one and authorize Clock PMS+ to access it. Click Continue once ready;
- Once your MailChimp account is connected, you need to configure each MailChimp audience you wish you use by selecting 'Create config';
- Map the respective Clock PMS+ field to each field of the MailChimp audience you wish to update and Click 'Create' when ready.
2. Export contacts to MailChimp:
Once the interface is configured, you can start synchronizing your mailing lists* with the configured MailChimp audiences.
- Go to Other Functionalities > Mailing lists option and open the Mailing list you wish to synchronize;
- Select one of the configured audiences from the MailChimp dropdown menu (in the right upper corner of the screen);
- After the process is completed, you will see the MailChimp Export statistics (added, updated, duplicated, invalid, etc.)
The bellow specifics will help you to understand better how the integration work, so that you can get the most of it.
- Please note that due to the fact the city, adr1 state and zip parts of the address are required by MailChimp,
the address will not be exported / updated to Mailchimp if the mapped Clock PMS + guest fields are empty
during the synchronization of the contacts ;
- An email address is required for every contact in MailChimp, as the contacts from the mailing list without an email address will not be synchronized with MailChimp. They will be shown as invalid guests on the export statistics screen;
- The email address is used for contact identification in MailChimp, so if a given email address exists more than once in the mailing list, only the first guest profile with the given email address will be exported to MailChimp. You will see the profiles which have been skipped due to email duplication on the export statistics screen, so you can edit the list and remove the duplications and export it again;
- To enhance the usability of the interface and bring more flexibility, Clock PMS+ mailing list is added as a tag to the contact in the audience. By having that tag, you can easily use a singe MailChimp audience to accommodate all mailing lists and quickly target them separately by using the tags in the campaigns.
- If a guest profile is removed from the mailing list, with the next MailChimp export the tag along with the mailing list name will be removed form the contact in MailChimp, however the contact will not be deleted from MailChimp;
- If the contact gets unsubscribed in MailChimp, it will still get updated with the export of the data except for its tag, as it is prohibited by Mailchimp. You will be notified through a message like the one bellow: