With the Self Service Portal, the guest can select their room, request period change, request room type change, request extra services, cancel the booking, fill in the registration card, check his bill, request company's bill, self check in and check out, pay the bill online, etc.
The access to the Self Service Portal is restricted because of a required PIN code (the same one can be found in the booking confirmation letter).
The access to the Self Service Portal is unique for each booking and it is part of the default Booking Confirmation message if the Self Service Portal add-on is active.
The settings of the Self Service Portal can be accessed from menu 'Other' - 'Settings' - 'Self Service settings'.
1) Before you arrive - available before booking check-in:
- Guarantee your booking - The booking can be guaranteed by the guest themselves according to the guarantee policy selected in the booking. Online payments or credit card data collection can be used as a guarantee method. The booking needs to have a guarantee policy selected and to not be marked as guaranteed in order for the option to be available;
- Upsell rates (Special Offers) - Use the upsell rates to offer room or package upgrades to your guests. The available upsell rates will be displayed to your guests as Special Offers on the Self Service Portal or Clock Kiosk. Activate the feature and select the rates which will be available for an upsell (more details can be in the Upsell Rate artilce);
- Fill your Registration Card(s):
- Registration cards count - How many registration cards to be entered for a booking (One Registration Card, Adults, Adults + Children);
- ID Photos - The guest will be prompted to take a photo of their ID document after completing the registration card (Not requested; Required; Requested, but not required; Requested, but not required. No image recognition);
- Select your favorite Room - set to Yes if you want the guest to be able to select the booking room (from the list of currently available rooms). If the booking already has an assigned room, the guest will not be able to change it;
- Days before arrival - Leave the field empty to enable room selection at any moment or fill in how many days before arrival the function is to be enabled for guests;
- Room pictures - Upload pictures for each room;
- Request period change - set to Yes if you want to allow the guest to send a request for a change of his booking period of stay. Will not update the booking details;
- Request room type change - set to Yes if you want to allow the guest to send a request for a change of his booking room type. Will not update the booking details;
- Request change of the number of guests - set to Yes if you want to allow the guest to send a request for a change of his booking guest count. Will not update the booking details;
- Cancel booking - set to Yes if you want to allow the guest to be able to cancel their booking;
- Special Requests - set to Yes if you want to allow the guest to send a special request for his booking (will be added as a Special request note in the booking). All of the booking Special request notes will be visible to the guest;
- Housekeeping Tasks - Create different housekeeping tasks and your guest can send you any housekeeping requests regarding his room or stay. This is the only option that will be available after the booking check-in;
- Allow transfer arrival/departure transfer editing - set to Yes if you want to allow the guest to edit his arrival and/or departure transfer time;
- Allow Estimated Arrival/Departure Time editing - set to Yes if you want to allow the guest to edit his estimated arrival/and or departure time;
2) You are almost here - available only on the check-in date of the booking:
You are almost here - Set 'Nearby locations' for each language. Go to 'Other' - 'Settings' - 'Languages' - 'Self Service Translations'. In field 'Nearby locations' enter each location on a separate line (e.g. Airport, Taxi). So your guest can tell you when they are nearby and you can prioritize their room and prepare it in time for their arrival;
3) Welcome to our hotel - available at all times for guests:
- Request Extra Services - Your guest can select charge templates as in the WRS. The selected charge templates will be applied to the guest folio automatically. A To-Do will be created for the staff;
- Check your bill - set to Yes if you want to allow the guest to be able to check their bill;
- Self check out - set to Yes if you want to allow the guest to self check out. Will be available only if the booking balance is paid. If the guest self checks out, the booking folio will be closed automatically (if currently opened) and will be sent as an e-mail to the guest;
Document type - You can select in the document type which will be used when a folio is automatically closed;
Self Service Folio Email Template - This folio email template will be sent to the customer after the folio closing;
Online payment - set to Yes if you want to allow the guest to be able to pay his current booking balance;
- "More info" links - allows you to add direct links which can be used by guests (e.g. local guides, calendar with events, etc.)
Rate your experience with us - set to Yes if you want to allow the guest to be leave a review about his stay. The feedback can be seen in detail in the 'Guest Feedback Report';
Room Service (eMenu) - allows your hotel guests to order food & beverages directly on the Self Service Portal from their mobile devices. Requires Clock POS with the eMenu add on activated;
Table bookings - allows your guests to easily access the table booking systems of your Restaurants/Bars. Requires Clock POS with the Table Booking add on activated;
4) Other Settings
- Self Service Portal Public Access- Enable Self Service Portal Public Access and with this feature you can publish a link to the Self Service Portal on your hotel website. The link can also be included in your policy description published on OTA portals. This way your guests can access the Self Service Portal even if you don't have their emails:
- For expected or checked-out bookings, a guest must enter their last name and their booking number - it can be the number of the hotel booking or the OTA booking (reference number);
- For checked-in bookings, the Guest's last name and room number can be used;
- Plugin integration - Copy and paste here the code for any social network plugin, like Facebook, Tweeter, Trip Advisor, etc.
- Background Image - select a background image for your self service application;
- Theme - you can select one of the pre-set themes for the Self Service Portal
5) Customize CSS
The Self Service portal uses the same tools for custom themes as the WRS. Please check the following article for more details if you plan to create your own custom theme.