Once registered in Clock PMS+, a company is visible and can be used in all accounts. Services and products can easily be charged to a company. Then these charges can quickly be tracked in the Accounts Receivable Report, there are no doubled entries.
In Clock PMS+, it is very easy to register a company:
- Click 'Company' in the navigation bar and select 'New Company'
- Fill in the applicable fields of the Billing Info and Contact Info sections
- Tick 'Accept charge transfers' checkbox to allow the transferring of charges to the company
- Click 'Create'
In the Billing Info section, you will find the "IATA Number" and "Channel manager search code" fields . They are used for the automated mapping of the profile to the channel manager bookings. Please contact the support team for more information about this feature.
You can add useful notes/links to the Company in the "Notes" section.
If you need additional fields in the Company profiles, you can add them as "Custom" fields. Those fields can be later used in the segmentation reports. If you have any question about this feature, please contact our Support team.
To open an existing Company, you need to enter the name of the company in the Search field of the navigation bar and click the Search button. A link to this company will appear. Alternatively, you can go to Company -> Search - Company -> type in the name of the Company and click the Search button. When the results are generated, click “Open” next to the desired Company.
Creation of Company Folios, Charge Posting, Transfers and Payment
- In the Search field of the navigation bar, enter the name of a company, registered in Clock PMS+
- Click the search button next to the search field to have the results listed
- Click the link to the company or the Open button next to its details
- On the company screen, you can click the Add Folio button in the Open Folios Section to create a new company folio
- On the newly created folio screen, you can post charges and payments, see how in Folio - Charges and Folio - Payments
Bookings can very easily be linked to companies, thus statistic information can be obtained regarding bookings filtered by companies.
- In the Company/Event field on a booking creation/edit screen, enter a company's name
- Click 'Save'
In the Bednights Report, clicking the Company segment, you can see the statistic information related to bookings listed by companies.
Company Folios, Bookings, Events and Rates
In Clock PMS+, it is very easy to keep track and operate with all folios and bookings, events and rates linked to a company. Just open a company screen, and you will have access to all of them.
In the Folios section:
- You have access to all company deposit folios, shown as links. Here you can also create new deposit folios to record deposits received from this company by clicking the Add Deposit button and following the steps from Deposit Folios and Deposits.
- You have access to all open company folios. And by clicking the Add Folio button in the Open Folios section, you can create new company folios, see how in Folios.
- All unpaid closed folios are also shown in this section.
In the Bookings section, you can click on the "As Company" or "As Agent" links next to:
- 'In Hotel' to see all guests in the hotel having bookings linked to the company/agent
- 'Bookings – Expected Today and Tomorrow' to see all bookings expected today and tomorrow related to the company/agent
- 'No Show / Cancelled' to see all bookings linked to the company/agent, which are no show or cancelled
In the Events section:
- You can see all company-related events, listed as links to quickly access them.
- Next to each event, Clock PMS+ shows the period of the event and the number of bookings related to this event, which is also a link to an advanced search screen displaying these bookings in greater detail.
- Click the Add Event button and fill in the required fields to create a new company event
In the Rate section, all company-associated rates are shown, allowing you to add and remove rates from this list. These rates are very useful, as, in the rate selection field, Clock PMS+ gives you the option to choose one of them first, when creating a company-related booking. For more information on this topic, see Booking - Rate and City Tax. In the Rate section:
- Use the Remove button next to a rate listed here, so that it is no longer associated with this company
- Click the Add button to open a pop-up and select rates to be associated with the company
All Folios and Details Screen
On a company screen, there is a special button and links called All Folios and details. Use them to access a screen providing detailed information on all folios linked to the company, search options by various criteria and enabling you to operate with these folios, grouped in several sections, including to transfer charges and create a group folio.
This section provides information on all the open, closed or voided deposit folios related to the company, as you can access any of them by clicking the Open button in their line. Use the Add Deposit button in this section to create a new company deposit folio, following the steps from Deposit Folios and Deposits
This section shows the information on closed company-related folios. In this section, by clicking the View button, you can select:
- Unpaid – to see all unpaid folios linked to the company
- Last month – to see all closed company folios from last month
- Last year – to have the list of all closed company folios from last year
- All – all closed company folios are shown
The Open Folios section shows a list of all open company folios
- Use the Add button to create new company folios
- Click the Open button in the line of a folio to access it
Open Voucher Folios
This section contains information on all open voucher folios. In order to use vouchers, you should have the Vacation & leisure groups contracting add-on enabled.
Open Booking Folios
In the Open Booking Folios section, you can perform various operations with the open booking folios related to the company, including to transfer charges from the folios of these company-related bookings to a group folio. For more information on the options in this section, see Charge Transfers and Group Folios
If you have the Commission Processing add-on enabled, you can set a commission for a certain Company, see Commission processing for more info.
Marketing Segments in Companies
You can select Marketing Source/Channel/Segments in your Company profiles, so that they can later be applied in the Company bookings. Find more info here: Marketing Sources / Channels / Segments
Archiving or restoring a Company
If a certain Company will not be used temporarily or permanently, you can archive it, by clicking the Archive button in the Company profile. If the Company needs to be restored later, you need to click on the Restore button in the Company profile.
To find an archived Company, select "All" instead of "Active Only" on the "Search - Company" screen. The archived Companies will appear with a "!" sign next to them.