In Clock PMS+ there are four monitors which show different aspects of the availability of your property:
the Room plan, the Room Calendar, the Occupancy forecast and the Rate and Availability monitor.
The Room plan is the monitor which gives fast information about your rooms on a specific date. Most often it is used by Housekeeping.
- Open menu Availability/Room plan
- Select the date you need
- The screen shows all the rooms in your property grouped in types and in the order you have set when you were creating them.
- The status of each room is shown in different colours and with the symbols explained below the graph.
- In this screen, you can mark a room as dirty or indicate it needs repairs. To do this:
- double click on the room
- set the housekeeping status to 'checked out' or describe the repairs needed.
The Room monitor can also be used for creating bookings.
- Click on a room and select one of the booking options (book for 1 night, etc...) and proceed as you normally do.
- Finally, if a room is occupied, when you click on it you will be able to open the booking (through the booking details option).
So, the Room plan shows the status of all rooms on a certain date. If you need their status for a longer period, use the Room Calendar.
- Select the start date of the period using the button Date in the top right corner (today is selected by default with the opening of the Room calendar).
- It will show your availability for 31 days starting from the selected date.
The bookings are color-coded to help you easily identify their guarantee level:
- Green – guaranteed bookings
- Orange – bookings awaiting guarantee, whose period to be guaranteed has not expired yet
- Red – bookings awaiting guarantee, whose period to be guaranteed has expired
- Yellow – non-guaranteed bookings
- Black – checked in
- Grey – checked out
You can set a color and text to certain date cells in the Room Calendar, so that holidays and other special events can stand out.
The texts set appear as labels above the calendar. Follow these simple steps:
- Select 'Labels' from the navigation
- Add the dates, choosing a color and text (the text field may be left blank) for each of them.
The "View" menu is located in the top right corner of the the page and allows you to:
- Select the most suitable view for your hotel or the specific situation: Normal, Compact, Wide –
- Show the events for the selected period. You can open an event by clicking it. Each event can be shown with a different color (based on the event settings).
- Show or hide repeating date rows.
- Grouping options - none, by room type or location. Select the most suitable view for your hotel or the specific situation.
Anything you can do on the Room Plan screen, you can do here as well: click on a date to set a room as dirty, create a new booking or edit an existing one.
Two icons show you the unbalanced bookings and the ones locked not to be moved.
A pop-up provides you with basic information about a booking, without being necessary for this booking to be opened. To see a booking's pop-up , hold the mouse cursor over the booking (PC), with the first touch (iOS, as the second one opens the booking), or pressing and holding (Android)
If you need summarized information about your availability, use the Occupancy forecast monitor (the Availability menu - Occupancy forecast)
It can be run for any period you like. For convenience, there are predefined periods of 7, 14 and 30 days.
- Select or enter the desired period
Clock PMS+ shows the availability of all your rooms summarized by types. You see the number of free and occupied rooms. You can also check the blocks for various events and the rooms used from them.
If you want a simpler version and only need to see your free rooms, click the Details button.
The occupancy forecast can also be printed out and used offline.
We have added an option for seeing the information of the occupied rooms by bookings and blocks by various segments. The supported segments are:
• Booking/Reservation Status – the breakdown by this segment allows you to see the occupancy by Guaranteed / Non-guaranteed Bookings and Blocks.
• Marketing channel; Marketing source; Marketing segment. You can see the occupancy data by any of these marketing segmentation parameters.
• To select a segment by which to analyse your occupancy, go to 'Occupancy Forecast' and from the 'Segments' drop-down menu choose the desired segmentation approach. The segments will appear under each of the following groups - Bookings and Blocks.
Please click here for more details on the Adjustment option.
On the Occupancy Forecast screen, we have added an option to include or exclude Optional blocks (Optional and Allotment). Click the "Include Optional" button to include them in the calculation of the Occupancy Forecast, affecting the number of occupied and free rooms.
We have added totals to the Occupancy Forecast: Total Capacity; Total Adjustments; Total Room statuses (OOS); Total Bookings and Total Blocks.
Rate and Availability
The Rate and Availability monitor is of greatest use to receptionists who have to answer customer requests directly and find the best room/rate combination quickly.
- Open menu Availability - Rate and Availability
- Enter the arrival and departure dates and the number of guests for the booking in the left part of the screen you see a list of all rates.
- Select the ones that are suitable for this specific booking
- click Check availability
- Clock PMS+ shows the price of the desired nights calculated for each of the selected rates. You can also see the number of free rooms of the selected type.
Choose the price you want and click button Book for it. Then fill in the rest of the required details and save the booking.
The screen has the option to show results by room number using the 'Rooms' option just under the 'Check availability' button. This guarantees not only that there are available rooms, but also that it will not be necessary to move guests to another room during their stay.
You can hide all the prices (products), which are not available due to restrictions, a lack of price or availability by selecting the 'Available' option just under the 'Check availability'.
If you select a company, only the rates associated with the company will be shown. In addition, in case of a new booking, the selected company will be transferred to the booking.
The Descriptions for the Staff allowing you to give more information about guarantee policies, room types and rates are now available on the Rate and Availability calendar screen, too. Click the caption balloon next to each of the above mentioned. Enter the Descriptions for the Staff in the respective edit screens – the list of rates, the list of guarantee policies and the list of room types.