The Guest profiles feature in Clock PMS+ helps you easily see your regular guests and capture all their client history. Save time and avoid duplication of guest entries by directly importing guest contact details from the existing guest profile. With the introduction of GDPR we have added our approach to the Guest Profiles and respectively the Guest Profile fields. You can customize the information that is collected from your guests and shown in registries and registration cards.
To edit the guest profile fields, go to menu Other... -> Settings -> Guest Profile Fields
1. Define Guest Profile Fields
You can start by reviewing the currently existing guest profile fields. There are several system fields that cannot be deleted. They are marked as locked on the list.
To add a new field, press the "New" button. The below screen will pop up.
Name: Enter a field name This name is only for the back end of the application. You can translate and change the field name in the Languages and Texts section. Allowed characters: a-z, '_', 0-9 (but not the first character). Example: 'phone_number_2'.
Field type: There are several field types to choose from:
- Text field. The field allows the entry of text or numerical information. In addition, a value list can be defined to select from instead of typing the data every time.
- Numerical field. This field is for entering numerical values only. Here you can also define a list of allowed values to select from instead of typing them every time.
- Date. The field is for dates, as their format is checked by the system.
- Phone. The field is for phone numbers, as their format is checked by the system.
- Email. The field is for email addresses, as their format is checked by the system.
- Country. A field with a list of countries of your choosing.
- Language. A field with a list of the subscription languages.
Value list: You can set up a value list based on the example in the image above. This is generally related to some custom fields required under the local legislations concerning the Hotel Registry.
Important: If your local legislation (e.g. Police Registers) requires you to collect certain data of your guests (e.g. passport number, date of birth, etc.), you can make the respective fields Important. This will give you an additional option to track if all these Important fields are filled in by guests. Thus, a booking can initially be created with the contact details only, and the rest of the information to be gathered at a later stage: during the self check-in or at the reception check-in. The Important option also lets easily check and review if all the necessary data is entered.
On Arrivals list, there is an icon denoting the bookings with missing Important data. In the Register, there is a filter to show all all the guests with missing Important data.
Encrypted: Each of the Guest Profile fields can also be encrypted. In other words:
- Encrypted. If your local legislation (e.g. GDPR) requires special access to a field, you can choose to make this field encrypted. In this case, the access to it will depend on a special right: Personal Data: Access. A disadvantage of encrypted fields is that they cannot be used in marketing segmentation reports. Examples of encrypted fields: guest names, phone, email, address, passport number, date of birth and other personal data.
- Non-encrypted fields. The access to non-encrypted fields is easier and can be used in the marketing segmentation reports. Examples of such fields: country, guest loyalty program level, guest type, marketing source and other additional information.
Note: The fields 'Name', 'Field type' and 'Important' cannot be changed after their creation. Carefully think through what information will be stored in it and what kind of field it should be.
2. Field arrangement, visibility and requirement on the different screens
You can order the fields in a way suitable for your needs and in accordance with the applicable norms. For example, the arrangement of the address fields is different for the various parts of the world. The field arrangement is different for each account. To order the fields please select the account in section '2. Set visibility/requirement on different screens'
Choose the Sort Order for each field. The numbers will be listed in ascending order.
On the same screen, you can set whether and where a field is to be visible
- Short/Long Guest Form. Used only on the back end. For your convenience, the guest data is initially shown compactly in the booking (Short Guest Form). Through the 'Show All Fields' button (visible when a guest profile is created / edited), you can choose to also make the rest of the fields visible (Long Guest Form). This way, apart from being compact, the form can also allow the entry of additional data, if you wish.
Should you decide that a field is to be completely invisible, simply all of its options unchecked. The Important fields are marked by a bolder gray border(the email field in the example below):
- Hotel Registry. Select if the field is to be included in the Hotel Register ('Booking' menu – 'Hotel Registry')
- Print Form. Choose whether it should be included on the Registration Card Preview/Print screen. This setting is useful, when using a standard registration card. In case of a custom registration card, the contained fields depend on the template itself.
- Self Service Portal. Set if a field is to be used for data entry on the registration screen in the Kiosk or the Self Service Portal. If you make the field 'Required', the guest will be required to complete it, and if the field is 'Shown', it will be visible, but not required and may be left empty.
- WRS. Select if a field is to be shown at the last booking process stage. Once again, it can be 'Hidden', 'Shown' or 'Required'.
- WRS Additional guests. What information will be collected for the guest's of the 2nd, 3rd, etc... booking when a group booking is created in the WRS.
- Default. Default value for the field in all screens.
3. Masking (Anonymisation) of values
Through the system of masking/anonymisation of data, you can choose the way in which data to be shown on most screens.
The masking is aimed at maximally limiting the access to personal data for staff not needing to have such access and for the places where such data is not necessary.
By default, data masking is applied to first name, last name, email and phone. This way, almost everywhere in the system, the guest data is shown the following way: "J Smith, j.sm****@***.com, ******456". If you wish, you can choose and change which data to be masked. If you change this setting, it will be valid for the newly created profiles, and the old ones will stay the way they were, if not edited and saved again.
Masking is available for the following fields through following format:
- First Name – The first letter of the name
- Last name - The first letter of the last name
- Email – The first 4 characters of the email address. The masked email looks this way: 'j.sm****@***.com'
- Phone – The last 3 digits of the phone number. This is a masked phone number: '*******456'
Note: If a guest profile is created while a masking option is active the data in this profile will remain hidden even if the masking option is switched off. If you want the data to be shown, please edit the profile and save it without any changes in order to apply the new masking settings.
4. Set the data retention period (in months)
You can set how many months the guest data will be stored in Clock PMS.
- If a user does not have the Personal Data: Access right, but still has access rights to the system, bookings and other screens, the same can see the masked fields (First Name, Last Name, Email and Phone) the way you have chosen for these fields to be visualised (masked or not). The rest of the guest data contained in the encrypted fields will not available for this employee. For the same to perform their duties, the screens are accessible, but the encrypted information is shown this way: ****.
- If the user has the Personal Data: Access right, the same can see the full content of the encrypted fields. Still, on most screens, the guest info is minimised and only the masked fields are shown. The full information can be seen on the screen of the booking itself and in the respective Guest Profile.
- Advanced Personal Data: Bulk Access. This right has been created for screens and features allowing access to multiple personal data records. Such screens are: the Register, various data exports to the police, as well as the API. Through this right, you can meet the GDPR requirements to grant access only to personnel who need direct access to this information.