Clock PMS is also an instrument for management of payments providing you with multiple payment methods in various currencies. And still, it is very easy to record payments from guests, companies and non-residents.
You can post payments on guest folios, as follows:
- In the Rate and Folios section of a booking, click the Pay button in the line of a folio, OR:
- Open a folio and click the New Payment button on the folio screen
- Fill in at least the following fields: 'Value', 'Currency', 'Payment type'
- Click 'Create Payment'
Note: By adding a payment with a negative sign, you can register refunds paid to guests.
In Clock PMS, if you have posted a payment in error or it is on the wrong folio, or the payment type or amount is mistaken, you cannot change it, you need to void the payment. Payments on a folio are voided, as follows:
- Click the Void button in the line of a payment to be voided
- The voided payments will be hidden on the guest folio. You can see the voided payments on a folio by clicking the 'Show more voided payments' link.
Payment Error Corrections and 'Transferring'
In order to correct wrongly added payments, you have to void them and post the correct payments:
- Void the mistaken payment on a folio (see how above)
- Post a new payment with corrected parameters to the folio
For 'transferring' a payment from one folio to another:
- To the source folio, add a payment with a negative sign identical to the payment you want to 'transfer'
- On the destination folio, post a new payment identical to the payment you want to 'transfer'
Using Deposits to Pay Charges
Charges on guests' folios can be paid from the deposits registered in the system as well:
- Open a folio
- Click the 'Get Deposit from...' button in the Payment section
- Select a deposit folio from the booking, if available, or from another booking or company
- In the pop-up, enter the amount to be transferred
- Click the Transfer button
In the 'Payments Report', you can track the payments made within a certain date range:
- In the navigation bar, click 'Control'
- Select 'Payments Report'
- Choose the date range in the 'From Date' and 'To Date' fields
- Specify a payment type used
- Select a user
Note: Leaving the Payment type field blank will return all payments posted by a user within the date range for the payment type selected. Leaving the User field blank will list the payments posted by all users for the payment type chosen.